How do I add an Enhanced List to a Lightning page?
The Enhanced List is available from the component palette in the Lightning page editor and is suitable for deployment to any Lightning page.
Supported Display Modes
The Enhanced List supports three display modes, which are made available based on your deployment use case. The supported display modes are:
Enhanced List (Can only be used on a home page or the utility bar.)
This mode is displayed in a List View format with the ability to display a list of records for the chosen object in the component options. This mode supports the ability to retrieve a list of records based on specific filters and sort those records. It optionally allows inline editing of the records as well as the ability to quickly add new records.
Related List (Can only be used on an object record page.)
This mode is displayed in a Related List format and is available only when the component is placed in the context of an object's record page. This provides a simple way to view any Related List on the record with all the other abilities of Enhanced Lists.
Batch Entry (Can be used on an object record page, a home page, or the utility bar.)
This mode is displayed in a Batch Entry interface where users can enter multiple data records all at once, for any object or related lists. This mode is available on all Lightning pages and provides a quicker way to add data records.
1. Deployment Use Cases
The Enhanced List is designed for use with any object in your organization and within all Lightning pages. The different use cases for the component include placing the component:
- ...within the context of a given record as a Related List or as a Batch Entry interface to quickly add multiple records or
- ...on a home page as a dedicated Enhanced List of records for any object or as a Batch Entry interface as well or
- ...in the utility bar.
2. Deployment Options
The Enhanced List is available under the Custom - Managed section of the page designer's component palette. There are multiple options available for this component:
- Identifier - Use a unique identifier to identify this component on the Lightning page. The Enhanced List can be deployed multiple times on the same page layout. This option provides each instance of the component a unique set of run-time options.
- Header Title - Optionally display a title above the Enhanced List.
- Object - This option is available when the Enhanced List is placed on a Home Page or Utility Bar. Select from the list of available objects to render the Enhanced List.
Relationship Name - This option is available when the Enhanced List is placed on any object's record page. Use this option to include a related list for the record in your Lightning page.
For example, when using the component on the Matter page, choosing Expenses would render the Enhanced List for the Expenses which are related to the underlying Matter.
- Display Mode - Use this to render the Enhanced List in a specific format.
- Number of Rows to Display - Defaults the number of rows to show in the list.
- Enable Quick Add - Allows the ability to quickly add new records from within the list interface.
- Enable Inline Edit - Allows the ability to quickly edit records from within the list interface.
- Display Icon - Optionally display the object's icon in the component header of the Enhanced List.