The Matter Search Lightning component provides the same functionality as the Visualforce component (used within the classic user interface) except with a richer user experience. Users can perform a deep search of all information related to a particular Matter, within the context of the Matter.
To use the Matter Search, follow these steps:
- Click within the search box
- Enter the text to search
- Press Enter to view the search results
- The search results will be shown in unique sections for each related object. Relevant search results will be shown and users can quickly open a record by clicking on the link in these results.
- The sidebar allows users to quickly assess result metrics by record type and quickly locate and limit results within a given set of related data.
- The Matter Search Lightning component provides deep searching within Matter related records from within the Matter Record page when using the Lightning Experience. For example, the search can now show you if a document references your search term within the body.