Tips on Creating Queues
- When you create a queue, Salesforce automatically creates a corresponding list view. Users can access the queue list view from the Cases, Leads, Service Contracts or custom object tabs. Only queue members and users above them in the role hierarchy have access to the queue list view, depending on your sharing settings.
- After you have defined a queue, you can set up lead or case assignment rules to automatically reassign ownership of leads and cases to the queue.
- After you have defined a queue for a custom object, you can set up a workflow rule that automatically reassigns ownership of custom object records to the queue via a field update on the record owner field.
Create a Queue
Queue Edit Screen
- Enter a name for the queue and choose the email notification settings.
- Choose the objects available to the queue.
- Choose the queue members:
- You can select individual users, roles, public groups, territories, connections, or partner users.
- Only queue members and users above them in the role hierarchy can take ownership of records in the queue, depending on your organization's sharing settings.
- Select Save.
See also Force.com's Queues Overview
Add your comment