Using the Matter Calendar
The AdvoLogix Matter Calendar displays matter activities in a traditional monthly calendar format or a highly interactive timeline format. Scheduled activities, key matter dates, and time entries are optionally displayed and available for edit using the techniques described in this article.
1. Matter Calendar Toolbar Options
The toolbar allows users to navigate through the current time frame, adjust the display mode and select a variety of filter options.
- The navigation icons allow users to quickly navigate the time frame displayed within the calendar.
- The display mode icon allows users to select several different viewing options.
- The filter icon allows users to select from a variety of filter options.
- The refresh button allows users to quickly refresh the calendar.
2. Display Options
DISPLAY AS: allows users to select to view the calendar in a Monthly or Weekly format. When the Weekly format is selected users have three additional options:
- WEEKLY DISPLAY STYLE: allows users to select between an Hourly*, List, or Timeline view.
- NUMBER OF LIST DAYS: allows users to select the number of days displayed. Please note this option is not available when using the Matter Calendar when the component's Narrow View option has been enabled in the Application Builder.
- SHOW WEEKENDS: suppresses Saturday and Sunday from the days displayed in the list.
- DISPLAY AS TIMELINE: Displays the list items in a rich user experience similar to other timeline display modes throughout the application.
*Hourly Display Style* When viewing the Matter Calendar in the weekly (or daily) view, users now have the option to display events by time of day, top to bottom (from 12am to 12pm). All day events appear at the top of the calendar with key dates and tasks.
3. Options to Filter By
3.1. Items to Show
The options within this section allow users to dynamically select the type(s) of items to display in the calendar.
For organizations that choose not to track time, Time can be disabled on the Matter Calendar from AdvoLogix Setup.
- From the Overview menu, select Matter Planner from the Matter sub-menu on the left-hand side.
- Then, select [change] from the Matter Planner record types.
- Uncheck the Enable Time checkbox and save the changes.
3.2. Limit Items by Assigned Matter
FOCUS MATTERS: This option, usually enabled, allows users to limit calendar items to those items assigned to their Focus Matters. Users may further limit the items assigned to matters in which they play a specific Role. It is important to note, this option is not required (or displayed) when working within the matter's record page.
- LIST VIEW FILTER: This option allows users to limit calendar items to those items assigned to Matters meeting the criteria from a saved list view filter. It is important to note, this option is not required (or displayed) when working within the matter's record page.
3.3. Limit Events
LIST VIEW FILTER: Users may now select a subset of event items displayed in the calendar using the event list view filter option.
3.4. Limit Tasks
- LIST VIEW FILTER: This option allows users to limit calendar items to those items assigned to Tasks meeting the criteria from a saved list view filter.
- OVERDUE TASKS: When enabled this option only displays Tasks that are overdue.
- INCOMPLETE TASKS: When enabled, completed Tasks will not be shown in the calendar.
3.5. Limit Time
LIST VIEW FILTER: This option allows users to limit calendar items to those items assigned to Time meeting the criteria from a saved list view filter.
As specified above, there are slight differences in the filter options when using the Matter Calendar from the matter's record page as opposed to the organizational context.
3.6. My Items
ALWAYS SHOW: This option surfaces all items assigned to the running user, without regard to the Matter filter.
- SHOW ONLY: This option limits the calendar items to those the current user is explicitly assigned to.