Uploading Files and Content (classic)
Uploading files is done in context with your Matter, from within the panel. If you are comfortable with drag and drop you will find it quick and seamless. Otherwise you may just as easily use the file selection dialog.
Options for Uploading Files
- At the top-most area of the panel is what we refer to as a drop zone. The drop zone is indicated by the rectangle shaped dashed lines. To upload files you may drag and drop one or more files to the drop zone.
- You may also upload files by selecting the Upload Files link to use your file selection dialog instead.
The maximum number of files that may be uploaded at one time is 50. It is, however, suggested to use small batches of files to give yourself a break between editing the associated meta-data. If you need to upload a large number of files your Administrator can help you with tools made specifically for uploading files while you continue to work.
File Upload Progress
This is an example of a the file upload progress dialog. In this example, five files were selected for upload.
- Displays the overall progress for all files being uploaded.
- Displays the percentage of progress for the file currently being uploaded.
- The status column has 3 potential values: Waiting, In Progress, Done, Canceled
- A file may be canceled from the upload by clicking the X icon.
- Files that have not been uploaded or canceled can be as a group cancelled using the Cancel Remaining button.
Publishing Newly Uploaded Files
At the conclusion of the file upload, you will need to complete the required document information prior to being finished with your upload.
- Each file you uploaded is accompanied by a data information card that needs to be completed. Make sure to provide the appropriate information to make optimal use of the application.
- You will have one card for each file, make sure to complete all cards by scrolling down to the last one, at the bottom of this list.
- Make sure to Publish your files. Failure to complete this step will leave the files in your personal files area.
Maximum File Sizes
- Uploading from modern browsers supports a file size up to 2 GB.
- IE8 & 9 only support 10MB file upload (and do not support drag and drop)