With Content you can organize, share, search, and manage content within your organization and across key areas of the application. Content simplifies content management by incorporating user-friendly features into the following tasks:
- Reviewing Usage and Providing Feedback
- Sharing Content
- Sharing Content in Mobile
Setting Up Salesforce CRM Content
To set up Content for your organization:
- Enable Content by clicking Setup | Customize | Salesforce Files | Settings | Salesforce CRM Content and selecting Enable Salesforce CRM Content.
- Give users access to Content by assigning feature licenses in one of the following ways:
- To assign feature licenses to users automatically, click Setup | Customize | Salesforce Files | Settings | Salesforce CRM Content and select Auto assign feature licenses to existing and new users.
- To assign feature licenses to users manually, click Setup | Administer | Manage Users | Users and click Edit next to the user's name. Select the Content User checkbox and click Save.
- Verify that the profile assigned to Content users has the Content user permissions enabled. The user permissions include “Manage Content,“Create Workspaces,” “Manage Content Permissions,” “Manage Content Properties”,“Manage Content Types”, and “Deliver Uploaded Files and Personal Content.”
- Categorize and define your content:
- Create content fields. These are custom fields that you assign to a content Page Layouts. The default fields are Description, Tags, and Title.
- Create a custom content page layouts or modify the General content layout. Content page layouts are the containers for custom fields; they determine which fields are available during the publishing process and how the fields display on the content details page.
To customize Content, Click Setup | Customize | Salesforce Files to access the following options :
- Content Fields— Custom fields allow users to categorize and define content during the publishing process.
- Validation Rules— Validation rules verify that the data a user enters when publishing content meets the standards you specify before the user can save the content.
- Content Page Layouts— The content type determines the layout of fields in Content.
- Library Permissions— A library permission determines user privileges within a library.
- Settings—Modify Content default settings for multi-language support, PDF downloads, content pack creation, custom presentation assembly, or the enhanced document viewer.