View, edit, and create records from a list. List views are a great way to sort, prioritize, and analyze the records that are most important to you. In a list view, you see only the data that you have access to. You can see records that you own, have read or write access to, or are shared with you. List views also include records owned by or shared with users in roles below you in the hierarchy. The fields you see depend on your page layout and field-level security settings.
List View Menu
- Select a list view from the dropdown menu. Pin a list with the thumb tack to set it as your default.
- Create records directly from a list view.
- Search a list view for the data you need.
- Edit, delete, or create a list view using the List View Controls menu.
- Depending on the object, you can switch between the standard table view, the Kanban view , tile view, and split view.
- View a list in different ways. Visualize list view data using charts with the pie chart icon and refine which records are displayed using filters with the filter icon.
Edit a Record
A record can be edited one of two ways from a list view:
- Edit a field directly from a list view with the pencil icon in the list view header or next to a record detail.
- Edit or delete a record by selecting the dropdown arrow next to it.
Select the Fields to Display
Modify and create list views from your record home page with List View Controls . To change and reorder the columns displayed in a list view, select Select Fields to Display. Fields correspond to columns in the final list view.
- Add fields to your list view.
- Reorder the columns in your list view. Columns appear from left to right in the order shown in Visible Fields.