You can change the ownership of a record from the record detail page.
Clicking the Accounts tab brings you to the Accounts tab home page. The Accounts tab displays a home page that lets you quickly create and locate all types of Accounts.
- Click on the name of an Account in the Recent Accounts list -OR-
- Choose a list view to find the Account you are looking, and click the Name of the Account to navigate to the Account detail record.
- Type all or part of the new owner's name in the search field.
- Select the look-up icon.
- Selecting a Lookup opens a search dialog window that allows you to search for the person you want to add as the new owner.
- A blank lookup is performed when you select the lookup icon without entering a search term.
- Select the Send Notification Email checkbox to notify the new owner.
- The from email address displayed in the notification is your return email address as set in the Email Address field of your email settings.
- Select Save
Account edit screens contain greater detail, as Accounts records have several related object, many of these are specific to Force.com Sales, where rules that will apply to AdvoLogix are:
- All notes and open Activities for this Account will be transferred to the new owner.
- All contacts within the account owned by the current owner; including all related notes and open Activities; will be transferred to the new owner