The article provides a high-level overview related to the basic configuration options for deploying AdvoLogix in Lightning Experience (LEx).
Step 1 - Determine the Audience
If you're migrating from Salesforce Classic, it may be best to choose a pilot group for the initial implementation of LEx user interface. If this is the case, we recommend creating a unique Lightning Experience User Profile for your pilot users. This will allow you to assign default application behaviors tailored specifically for the Lightning users while preserving the current default experience for the other users, remaining in the Classic experience.
In preparation for this step we suggest this help article on setting up users for LEx.
Step 2 - Create the Lightning Experience Profile
You will find the following options useful for customizing a user profiles for LEx. If you are migrating a subset of your user base you may clone an existing AdvoLogix User Profile as a good starting point for customization. It may be necessary to refine these settings after completing the remaining steps
- Under Custom Tab Settings hide Activities and second listing for the Focus Matters tab.
- Under Administrative Permissions enable the "Lightning Experience User" option.
Step 3 - Configure the Lightning Application
The concept of an Application defines the navigational user experience through two primary navigation components: the main menu and the utility bar.
The Lightning application determines which areas of the program can be quickly accessed via the main (horizontal) menu. The application can be created and customized to include quick access to various features via the Lightning Application Utility Bar.
- The utility bar may be optionally displayed at the bottom of the user interface. Within the Application Manager these options are selected during step two and may consist of standard platform components and lightning components provided by AdvoLogix, the appexchange, or those created custom within your org.
- The main menu options are displayed horizontally along the top of the user interface. Within the Application Manager these options are selected during step three and may consist of standard platform options such as Home, Chatter, Dashboards, Reports, etc. Menu options also include record tabs, Visualforce tabs and lightning pages.
- In addition to the navigation options aesthetic options allow a graphic image and menu bar color to be associated with the “Application”.
Suggestions for Customizing a Lightning App
- Navigate to the setup menu option titled App Manager.
- If you have previously created an application, select the edit option for your application. You can discern the Lightning App from the Classic App by the column labeled App Type. If a Lightning App does not exist consider creating a new App at this time. The Edit App dialog will have several tabs across the top for use as follows:
- You may optionally use the Utility Bar tab to add features to the application's utility bar. For instance, if your organization will be using the AdvoLogix Multi Timer, we encourage you to add it to the Application's Utility Bar.
- Use the Select Items tab to determine which AdvoLogix features will be available in the main menu.
- Use the Assign to User Profiles tab to assign the application to the appropriate user profiles.
Step 4 - Customize the Lightning Record Pages
Lightning record pages allow your organization to add, remove, or reorder Lightning components to give users a customized view for each data element (Matter, Account, Contact, etc) using the Lightning App Builder. It is important to note, although record pages incorporate page layouts they are distinctly unique in their ability to incorporate a collection of Lightning Components around the page layout.
Suggestions for Customizing the Matter Record Page
The most direct way to modify a Lightning Record Page is as follows:
- Navigate to a record for the page you would like to modify.
- Using the setup menu select Edit Page. This will launch the Lightning Application Builder with the current page loaded automatically in design mode.
- Drag and drop components from the component palette onto the page designer.
- Save your new record page and assign as the default page or to the appropriate user profiles.