You can change the ownership of a Contact from the Contact Detail page.
Clicking the Contacts tab brings you to the Contacts tab home page. The Contacts tab displays a home page that lets you quickly create and locate all types of Contacts.
Choose a Contact
- Click on the name of a contact in the recent contacts list -OR-
- Choose a list view to find the contact you are looking, and click the Name of the contact to navigate to the contact detail record
Select a Contact to Make an Owner Change
Select the name of the desired Contact.
Select [Change] next to the name of the current owner.
Ownership Edit Page
- Type all or part of the new owner's name in the search field.
- Select the look-up icon:
- Selecting the look-up opens a lookup search dialog window that allows you to search for the person you want to add as the new owner.
- A blank look-up is performed when the look-up icon is selected without entering a search term.
- Select the Send Notification Email checkbox to notify the new owner.
- The From email address displayed in the notification is the return email address as set in the Email Address field of the email settings.
- Select Save to save the changes.
Back to the Contact
You will be returned to the Contact detail page where you can observe the ownership changed.