There are several different ways to create a task.
Navigate to open Activities on most records.
Click New Task.
- Assigned To: Assigned owner of task. By default, the task is assigned to the creator. To assign the task to another user, enter a user’s name, or select a user with the lookup icon.
- Subject: Subject or short description of the task, for example, “Email quote to customer.” You can enter a subject, or select from a picklist of previously defined subjects.
- Due Date: (optional)Date when the task should be completed. You can enter a date, or choose a date from the calendar that displays when you put your cursor in the field.
- Comments: (optional)Text note describing the task.
- Related To: (optional)Record that the task is associated with such as an account or opportunity. This field is not available when you associate the task with a lead instead of a contact.
- Name: (optional)Contact or lead associated with the task. You can enter the name of the person or use the lookup icon to select the name.
- Select the Create Recurring Series of Tasks checkbox.
- The Due Date field is disabled because recurring tasks do not all have the same due dates.
- Select the Frequency of recurrence.
Depending on the type of series you are creating, the maximum number of occurrences is as follows:
- Daily: 100
- Weekly: 53
- Monthly: 60
- Yearly: 10
- Depending on the type of series you are creating, the maximum number of occurrences is as follows:
- Set the Start Date and End Date.
- Click Calculate max end date to automatically set the maximum end date allowed based on the frequency you selected.
AdvoLogix can display popup reminders for upcoming tasks and events. \ Reminders notify the activity assignee of an upcoming task or event. \ The reminder displays in a small browser popup window when the activity assignee is logged in to AdvoLogix. When a user logs in, any reminders that have not been dismissed and reminders scheduled to occur since the last time the user logged out are shown in the reminder window.
Create or edit a task.
- Select the Reminder checkbox.
- Choose the date and time for the reminder. You will be reminded of the task on that date and time.
- If you are setting the reminder for a recurring task series, the reminder applies to each occurrence in the series.
- Click Save.
Reminders display in a small browser popup window, called the “reminder window.” When you first log into AdvoLogix, a sound is played and the reminder window automatically pops up to notify you of any task or event reminders that were triggered since you last logged in. While you are logged in, the reminders window opens whenever a reminder is triggered.