Creating a Dashboard
Before creating dashboards, create the custom reports containing the data you want to display. Dashboard components use the summary fields and groups defined in the custom report. Be sure to store these reports in folders that your intended dashboard viewers can access. See "Working with Report Builder" in the online help for more information.
Users can access the dashboard from the right folder in the Dashboards tab.
Except for dynamic dashboards, the security settings of the running user determine the data displayed in the dashboard.
- All users with access to the dashboard see the same data, regardless of their own personal security settings.
- To see dashboard components, users must also have access to the folders for their underlying source reports.
Click the Dashboards Tab
Navigate to Dashboards List
Click Go To Dashboards List
Reports and Dashboards List View/Creation Initiation Page
From this page, you can:
- Search for reports.
- Select or create a folder.
- The Folder drop-down list includes all report folders you can access.
- Click the View drop-down to sort between:
- All Items
- Recently Viewed
- Items I'm Following
- Items I Created
- Click the Type drop-down to sort between:
- Click New Report to begin a new report. Click New Dashboard to begin a new dashboard
- Click a report name to run the report.
- Click Edit next to a report to customize it. Click Delete to remove from folder and place in Recycling Bin.
Click New Dashboard
Dashboard builder is a drag-and-drop interface for creating and modifying dashboards. To optimize screen real estate, dashboard builder uses a compressed page header. To view your application tabs, simply close the builder or click the Salesforce logo.
To edit a component:
- Click Edit component icon to open the component editor.
- Choose a component type or select Use chart as defined in source report. This option uses settings from the report chart for your dashboard component and disables certain settings in the component editor.
- Tip - Use this option to show scatter or combination charts in your dashboard.
- Choose settings on the Component Data tab for the component type you selected.
- See Component Data Tab Settings (Below)
- Choose settings on the Formatting tab for the component type you selected:
- See Dashboard Component Chart Settings (Below)
- See Dashboard Component Gauge Settings (Below)
- See Dashboard Component Metric Settings (Below)
- See Dashboard Component Table Settings (Below)
- For Visualforce pages and s-controls, set the Height.
- Click OK.
Component Data Tab Settings
Choose settings on the Component Data tab for the component type you selected. (ABOVE)
Choose settings on the Formatting tab for the component type you selected: (BELOW)