Create Libraries (legacy)
Store, share, and manage your files in content libraries so you can decide who has access to files in each library and what permissions they have. Each org can have up to 2,000 libraries.
Step 1: Create a New Library
- From the My Libraries section of the Libraries tab home page, click New.
- Enter a unique library name.
- If you want, add a description.
- Click Save and Add Members.
If you want to add members later, click the Save and Close button.
Step 2: Add Library Members
- On the Libraries tab, click the library name if the library isn’t already open.
- In the Members section, click Add Members.
- If the member you want to add isn’t listed, type their first name in the search box and click Find.
- Select members from the Available Members box. Members can include individual Salesforce CRM Content users or public groups containing Salesforce CRM Content users.
*TIP* If you have many Salesforce CRM Content users, create a public group and add it to a library rather than adding users to the library individually.
- To add members to the library, click Add.
- Click Next.
WARNING - When you add a guest user as a member of the library, the library and files become publicly accessible.
Step 3: Assign Library Permissions to Members
- Select a library permission for each user or public group and click Save.
Libraries are available to users even if they don’t have Salesforce CRM Content licenses. In Lightning Experience, users without Content licenses can view libraries and work with library files and folders. In Salesforce Classic, they can view libraries and access files from libraries. Libraries are available without Content by default. Manage these settings in two places:
- To enable access for everyone in your org, go to Setup. Enter General Settings in the Quick Find box, then select General Settings. Select Libraries in Salesforce Files.
- To control access for a subset of users, use the Access Libraries permission, available for profiles and permission sets on most standard user licenses.
Manage Library Permissions
A library permission is a group of privileges assigned to each Salesforce CRM Content library member. It determines the tasks that a member can perform in a particular library. The same user can have a different library permission in each library.
- From Setup, enter Content Permissions in the Quick Find box, then select Content Permissions.
- Next to the appropriate permission, select Edit or Delete.
If your Salesforce CRM Content organization was created after the Spring '09 release, your organization already has three library permissions: Library Administrator, Author, and Viewer. Library permissions don’t apply to personal libraries. All Salesforce CRM Content users can save files in their personal libraries.