Using The Dashboard Builder
Dashboard builder is a drag-and-drop interface for creating and modifying dashboards. To optimize screen real estate, dashboard builder uses a compressed page header. To view your application tabs, simply close the builder or click the Salesforce logo.
To customize a dashboard, view it and click Edit. Dashboard builder has the following controls:
* Hover details and drill-down aren't available while editing a dashboard. To use these functions, go to the dashboard view page.
* Enter metric labels directly on components by clicking the empty text field next to the grand total.
* Metric components placed directly above and below each other in a dashboard column are displayed together as a single component.
* Save or close the dashboard. You lose your changes if you close or navigate away from the dashboard builder without saving first.
* Click Dashboard Properties to change the title, unique name, folder, and component settings.
* View or set the running user for the dashboard.
* Click the text field at the top of the dashboard to add a description.
Add components by dragging a component type onto a column, then dropping a data source (report, s-control, or Visualforce page) onto it.
You can also drop the data source first, then drop a component type onto it.
To change the type or source, simply drop a different one onto the component.
To hone in on the right data source, use Quick Find and the Recent, My, and All filters.
Each component must have a type and a data source. For Visualforce components, the data source must be a Visualforce page.
Note: Each folder can display up to 200 data sources. If you have more than 200, use Quick Find or filters to narrow the list. Some custom forecast and lead reports aren't available for dashboards.
* Drag and drop to rearrange components. Grab components by the header bar and drag them to the right location on the dashboard.
* Click Edit component icon to open the component editor.
* Click Remove icon for a component to remove it from the dashboard.
* Click Remove icon for a data source to remove it from the component.
* Click component header, title, and footer fields to edit them.
* Click Add dashboard column icon to add a new column. Dashboards can have up to three columns.
* Click Remove icon for a column to delete it. Dashboards must have at least two columns. Before removing a column, move its components to another column; otherwise, they may not be visible.
* Select Narrow, Medium, or Wide in the drop-down to set a column's width.
Note: If your component is a pie or donut chart with Show Values or Show Percentages enabled and Legend Position set to Right, the dashboard column width must be Wide for values and percentages to show on the dashboard.