Merging Duplicate Accounts
As you continually use and enter information into AdvoLogix, you may find that duplicate Account records have been inadvertently created. To merge duplicate Accounts, the duplicate records will have to be identified, and then merged into one record, using the merge utility.
You can identify duplicates in an Account report or an Account list view.
Selecting the Accounts tab brings you to the Accounts tab home page. The Accounts tab displays a home page that lets you quickly create and locate all types of accounts.
Select Merge Accounts in the Tools section of the Accounts tab home page.
Select the Account Records To Merge
- Input all or part of the name of the duplicate Accounts.
- Select Find Accounts to show the related records in the list view.
- Place a check mark next to the correct duplicate accounts.
- Select Next to proceed to step 2 of the merge process.
Select The Values To Retain
- Select the values that you want to retain in the merged record. Highlighted rows indicate fields that contain conflicting data.
- Select the Mergebutton when you have chosen the values you wish to keep.
- The Master Record selected will retain read-only and hidden field values.
- The oldest Created By date and user will be retained in the merged record.
All related records (including any notes, attachments, and/or activities) will be associated with the new merged record. All discarded duplicate records are moved to the Recycle Bin.