AdvoLogix March 2015
AdvoLogix March 2015 Major Release (version 1.44.x)
AdvoLogix provides two types of releases, major releases, and patch releases. Major releases are seasonal, occurring three times (approximately) per year and are generally accompanied by new functionality. Patch releases provide minor functional improvements and issue resolutions. It is important to note, patch releases are automatically installed for all customers on the current major release.
Major releases are not automatically installed into your organization. Click here for help with upgrading your organization to the latest major release of AdvoLogix.
- Resolved Activity display issues in the Matter Gantt.
- Resolved an error preventing the use of the Mass Edit button from the Contact list. This issue may have been related to the platform Summer 15 release.
- Resolved an issue related to opening the Activity update from the Matter Calendar. This issue appeared with the Summer 15 platform update and is resolved by this release of AdvoLogix.
- Corrected various issues related to the sort order of the Action Plan Line Items. In some cases Activities were displayed within the Action Plan in an inconsistent chronology.
- Removed an Action Plan validation rule that required related Tasks to be Completed before subordinate Tasks could be Complete. Should your organization wish this may be added manually.
- The AdvoLogix Matter Search feature is no longer limited to 35 Lookup Relationship fields.
The AdvoLogix setup area has a new layout with additional functionality and re-organization. New functionality allows users to search the help in just one click, read the latest news from the AdvoLogix web site and monitor for application updates.
The Rate, Timekeeper and Action Plan setup options are now available as full Tabs. If you frequently use these areas of the Application you may find it helpful to add any of these Tabs to your main menu or as sidebar shortcut. Otherwise we have maintained shortcuts to them in the AdvoLogix Quick Links at the bottom of the page.
In addition to the reorganization, we have added new global setup areas to support new features in this release. These new areas include options for the Matter Timeline Component and Matter Key Dates (as described below).
For more details on the new Setup area, please review this article.
- The Matter Search feature can now be called to search specific object(s). An example use case would be to create a Matter button or link that only searched Notes. For more details on using this feature, please review this article.
- Added the ability to define which dates on the Matter object should be regarded as Key Dates. This feature allows your organization to control which Matter Dates are displayed on the Matter Calendar and the Matter Gantt. Key Dates are established in AdvoLogix Setup. (screen shot) For more details on using this feature, please review this article.
- When adding multiple rates to a Matter, the Rates’ “Default” is now enabled by default.
Matter Timeline Component
- Added the ability to globally control several aspects of the Matter Timeline Component. Organizations can now control which elements are available in the user’s Timeline view. Previously, viewable objects were pre-selected and end-users could enable or disable at a user level.
- Added the ability to add Custom Objects to the AdvoLogix Matter Timeline. A new setup area allows sites to include their own custom objects in the Matter Timeline.
For more details on using this feature, please review this article.
It is suggested that all sites switch to using the new Timeline component. The legacy Timeline object will be deprecated in a future AdvoLogix release. Access to the legacy Timeline object’s options can be found in the VF Page of the legacy setup page.
- Enhanced the Matter Gantt with the capability to display information for multiple Matters. Previously, the Matter Gantt was only available within the context of a single Matter. Filters allow the view to be restricted to a specific Date Range and optionally choose a specific Time Keeper. For more details on the new Matter Gantt capabilities, please review this article.
- Added navigation options to the Matter Gantt views allowing the user to navigate to the Next/Previous and Home pages.
- Matter Key Dates can now be modified in the Gantt views by dragging and dropping to the new date.
- The Matter Calendar now remembers (and defaults to) the Monthly or List view setting from your previous session.
- Item descriptions in the Matter Calendar are less verbose. For example, the Matter Name is not displayed when viewing the calendar from the context of the Matter page layout.
- Added a new field to the Activity object that provides a link to the underlying Action Plan when the Activity is part of an Action Plan. Feel free to add this field to your page layouts or reports.
- Added the ability to instantiate an AdvoLogix Action Plan from the Lightning Process Builder. This functionality allows the ability to use an Action Plan as the resulting action of a point and click business automation process. For more details on using this feature, please review this article.
Home Page Components
- Updated several AdvoLogix home page components for Salesforce.com (Force.com) Summer 2015 compatibility. For important details regarding this topic, please review this article.
- Added a new global option to enable rounding (hours) when adding new Time.
- The Related Email viewing component now saves & restores the default sort order.
- Action Plan Reminder Time defaults to 8:00am (instead of 12:00am).
- Corrected an issue with default Time rates when adding Time from an Activity.
- Corrected an issue with the related Email component when the Email’s Date column was blank.
- When adding a Task from the Matter Calendar with “Log Time” checked the Time is also refreshed on the Calendar (in addition to the Task).
- Setting a User level default record type now works for the participants object.