AdvoLogix Winter 2017 Major Release (version number 1.67.x)
AdvoLogix provides two types of releases, major releases, and patch releases. Major releases are seasonal, occurring three times (approximately) per year and are generally accompanied by new functionality. Patch releases provide minor functional improvements and issue resolutions. It is important to note, patch releases are automatically installed for all customers on the current major release.
Major releases are not automatically installed into your organization. Click here for help with upgrading your organization to the latest major release of AdvoLogix.
Assignment Rules (beta)
Assignment Rules automate and simplify the process of assigning new Matters (or other record types) to those members of your team with specific ownership responsibilities. Rules are grouped into Rule Sets and managed as a collection of mutually exclusive assignment criteria.
Assignment Rule Sets may be automatically evaluated when a Matter is changed or added. In addition, these rules may optionally be evaluated on-demand (by an end user) while in context with a Matter. When the assignment changes a Matter assignee, you may choose to automatically notify the user using one of your organization's existing email templates.
A typical use case for an Assignment Rule Set would allow an organization to easily automate the business process stages to match their Matter workflow. As changes occur, progress flags and ownership responsibility can be automatically assessed and moved to the next phase.
A new inline Participant panel may be added to your Matter page layouts. This new panel offers interactive filtering capabilities, allowing users to easily visualize Participants based on the Participant Type (Account, Contact, User) and/or the Participant’s Role (Witness, Attorney, etc). The new panel also allows users to quickly jump to the Participation Map representing the current Matter.
A new inline Budget panel may be added to your Matter page layouts. This panel provides a quick assessment of your Fee and Expense based Matter Budgets. Within this panel, Budget Fees and Expenses (costs) are compared to the actual fees and expenses your Timekeepers have been tracking. Budget details are analyzed by phase (Budget Dates) and accumulated for each Budget Summary (Activity and Cost Code). Actual values are itemized by Timekeeper.
The Matter Timeline chart is now scrollable. Previously, the entire Timeline data set was displayed on the Timeline, making it difficult to accurately view Timeline activity for Matters with long histories. Users may now use back and forward scroll navigation to traverse backward and forward in time.
AdvoDoc Document Assembly
AdvoDoc has the ability to insert related lists of information within your automated document. There are two new related list formatting options:
- A new option allows the list to be repeated in a stacked column format, one column on each row.
- A new option allows the list headers to be hidden.
Billing and Timekeeping
A new weekly Timesheet application is now available for reviewing and entering Time for a given Timekeeper and work week. Daily and weekly totals make it convenient for Timekeepers to quickly understand and manage their weekly productivity from a single workspace.
Billing Preview Dashboard
The Billing Preview has a new metric dashboard capable of being interactively docked next to the preview detail. The dashboard provides metrics including Totals by Account, Totals by Matter, Totals by Timekeeper and Hours by Timekeeper.
Batch Time Entry
Two new features in the Batch Time entry application enhance the customization and user experience:
- You may now add your own custom fields to the Batch Time Entry page.
- Total batch hours are now displayed at the top of the Batch Time Entry page.
A new Global Action allows your mobile users to quickly create a new Time record from anywhere in Salesforce1. This action will also be available in the new Lightning Experience Global Actions.
You can now quickly launch our application guide in your web browser using http://help.advologix.com.
A new Administrator Training chapter covers the AdvoLogix Functional Hierarchy, Data Model and Page Layout Components. This chapter is helpful for administrators, your organization’s outside consultants, and implementation partners.
Lightning Experience (pilot)
AdvoLogix is Lightning Experience compatible however, we are not currently supporting this experience for general adoption. The user interface and core capabilities of AdvoLogix are lightning ready. Our roadmap for the Lightning Experience includes more than a simple port of existing functionality.
In fact, we’ve been hard at work creating net new functionality. For example, we’ve completed a new Timeline Lightning Component which incorporates a new Lightning style for visualizing the Matter Timeline. We’ve also developed a new My Matters Lightning Component. When My Matters and the Timeline are docked on the same Lightning Page, the Timeline will dynamically refresh when a different Matter is selected (in the My Matters list). These components are in this release and available for experimentation as pilot features. The two can be found on the new My Matters Lightning App, available when using the Lighting Experience.
To begin to prepare your organization for the Lightning Experience please consider reviewing the following Salesforce Trailheads:
A Final Note About Future Releases
Disabling the Legacy Timeline
Starting with the Spring 2017 release of AdvoLogix, the obsolete, legacy Timeline will no longer be supported. Many of our customers have never used the legacy Timeline and others have already migrated. If your organization needs assistance migrating to the new Matter Timeline please contact support. For more details please refer to this article in our application guide.
- Improved the Matter Search capability to include searching Calls. A new "Calls" option is now available in the list of searchable objects and is enabled (on) by default. Previously Calls were not searchable.
- The 1.67.19 interim release improved the rate defaulting behavior on the Time entry form. That modification resulted in a change of behavior when editing an existing Time entry, whose default Rate Amount had been manually overridden. The change in behavior was reestablishing the default Rate Amount if the Time record was subsequently edited. As of this release, the overridden Rate Amount will not be impacted unless there is an interactive change in the default Rate determination criteria (Matter, Timekeeper, Rate Lookup, Currency, etc).
- Improved the record lookup behavior on the Participant form for Contact, Account, and User lookups.
- Resolved an issue with the Time form's default rate behavior. When saving a record, if an invalid Matter Name was manually entered (not validated), in some cases the default rate would not be recalculated.
- Implemented the AdvoLogix Time Rounding global options in the Timesheet.
- Resolved an issue affecting the Matter Calendar activity setting not saving for the user.
- Resolved an issue with Participants List panel opening records inside its frame.
- Resolved an issue with Timesheet when Save options are not visible for the first Time entry added for the week.
- Enhanced the Timesheet to support large Timesheet data sets.
- Added support for Cloning Time entries.
- Improved the landing page behavior when Action Plans are added or deleted from the Matter page layout.
- Resolved an issue regarding the inability to edit an Action Plan when a high number of legacy Tasks/Event exist in the org database.
- Resolved an issue with the Participation Map when Roles contained an apostrophe.
- Resolved an issue in the Kanban where a new Task would not allow drag-n-drop.