AdvoLogix Spring 2016 Major Release (version 1.58.x)
AdvoLogix provides two types of releases, major releases, and patch releases. Major releases are seasonal, occurring three times (approximately) per year and are generally accompanied by new functionality. Patch releases provide minor functional improvements and issue resolutions. It is important to note, patch releases are automatically installed for all customers on the current major release.
Major releases are not automatically installed into your organization. Click here for help with upgrading your organization to the latest major release of AdvoLogix.
- The new At a Glance Matter dashboard (shown above) is capable of displaying up to four charts per record type. This new component can be added to any Matter page layout. Analytics are delivered in real-time or optional snapshot mode. Charts in the dashboard are fully interactive with the ability to easily drill into the report data for further analysis or editing.
- My Matters determines which Matters are associated with the current User. In addition to record ownership, My Matters can also be determined by the User's relationship to the Matter, via Participants. New in this release, My Matters can now be enhanced by using a custom formula or any Matter check box field.
- Matter related global settings now have a dedicated sidebar section in AdvoLogix Setup. You will find the new sidebar menu organization more intuitive and quicker to navigate.
- AdvoLogix now includes a new component (shown above) for managing Matter related documents. Given the appropriate permissions, both Files and Content can be quickly accessed from a common user interface, in context with the Matter you're working on. New files may be added by using drag and drop or your computer's file selection dialog. (beta release)
- Our Email viewing component has improved support for Ebsta formatted Email. The improvement is a result of automatically recognizing the subject line of a task created by Ebsta.
- AdvoLogix now includes a new mobile Timer (shown above) for tracking and entering Time using your mobile device. The Timer is available as an option that can be added to your Salesforce1 navigation bar. (beta release)
- A new Timekeeping API call is now available for retrieving the default Rate for a Timekeeper and/or Matter.
- A new Timekeeping API call is now available to apply your organization's rounding rules to a given unit of time.
- Added the ability to show Salesforce Files (formerly Chatter Files) on the Matter Timeline. Previously the option to display Content, only displayed Library Content. With the new enhancement, Salesforce Files are also shown.
- The Matter Timeline has two viewing modes, 1) the panel on the Matter layout and the 2) Full List view (invoked from the panel). The Full List view now supports more viewing characters (255) for all columns. Previously the display was limited to 80 characters.
- A new AdvoLogix API feature allows an Action Plan's Start Date to be modified from your custom Apex code. This allows the ability to potentially further automate a group of activities within an Action Plan.
- A new default Rate type has been added to support default rates on a per Currency basis, for each Timekeeper. This option allows a default Rate to be assigned to each Timekeeper, for a given Currency.
- Recent enhancements to the Accounting Seed integration include improved support for handling large amounts of text content via field mapping for the Billing Line Items.
- When hovering over the Timeline ChartView the date displayed on the popup was displaying Task dates 1 day prior to the actual Task date.
- A great deal of new documentation accompanies this release. Most notably for the new features and the AdvoLogix Setup enhancements.
The Matter has two aggregate fields for tracking Total Time and Total Time Amount. These aggregate fields are the sum of all Time records related to the Matter.
An issue was discovered whereby given the following circumstances, the Matter aggregates were not updated.
- Modify a Time entry previously created for Matter A.
- Change the Matter on the record to Matter B and save.
- Not add or delete another Time record for Matter A.
When these conditions are met, the aggregates for Matter A may be out of balance. Our new Validate Aggregate feature can be used to verify and if needed correct your Matter aggregates.
- Implemented workaround to bypass displaying a blank date in the Timeline's Chart mode.
- Includes readiness patch for upcoming Salesforce Summer '16 platform update.
- Added time rounding and resolved an issue with the Matter lookup for the AdvoLogix Timer for Salesforce1.
- Resolved an issue uploading files to the content panel when using the new Salesforce Community portal.
- Added support in the Billing Preview for very large sets of unbilled data.
- Resolved an issue with Action Plans when using non-US custom date locales. In some cases modifications to the Action Plan Start Date may result in invalid date calculations.
- Resolved an issue with Salesforce1 whereby the Time Entry form was not scrollable. This was related to Android devices only.