AdvoLogix Spring 2017 Major Release (version number 1.68.x)
AdvoLogix provides two types of releases, major releases and patch releases. Major releases are seasonal, occurring approximately four times per year and are generally accompanied by new functionality. Patch releases provide minor functional improvements and issue resolutions. It is important to note, patch releases are automatically installed for all customers on the current major release.
Major releases are not automatically installed into your organization. Click here for help with upgrading your organization to the latest major release of AdvoLogix.
- The Matter Intake Form accepts critical Matter information in one step. Users may quickly create a new Account (Client), Primary Contact and Matter in one step. If necessary, this form can be uniquely customized to accommodate your unique business requirements or easily copied (and modified) for different practice areas within your organization.
- The Matter Intake Form is accompanied by a set of API features to allow integrators the options to default an existing Account and/or Contact. Typical use cases for this functionality facilitate expedient data entry by allowing the form to be invoked from within the context of an Account or Contact.
- Organizations now have the option to auto-populate Participants from lookup fields on the Matter. Participants are very important component for effective Matter Management. At times however, it's useful to record Participants as lookup fields on the Matter. Especially when reporting or document automation requirements dictate access to this information strictly at the Matter level.
- By implementing this new feature organizations now have the best of both worlds; a concise list of searchable participants for conflict checking and relationship analysis while also meeting their unique reporting and automation needs.
- Participants with more than ten Matter relationships are now automatically collapsed for better visibility within the Participation Map.
- A new Participant list view can now be selected within the Participation Map.
- A new zoom feature allows the Participation Map to be viewed in full screen mode, resulting in a more pleasant display for densely related Participants.
- The new Participant inline Visualforce component is now available for Accounts and Contacts. This is the same panel introduced for Matters in the AdvoLogix Winter 2017 release.
- Several improvements to the Matter Hierarchy user interface improve the overall aesthetics and more closely align the look and feel with the standard Salesforce.com Account Hierarchy feature.
- A new zoom feature allows the Matter Hierarchy tree view to be viewed in full screen mode, resulting in a more pleasant display for densely related Matters.
- We have renamed the AdvoLogix My Matters functionality to Focus Matters. The new terminology more accurately reflects our capabilities and is less confusing with the basic Salesforce.com "My ..." nomenclature often used in filters.
- A new Preview feature within the template designer allows users the ability to preview a document with live data without leaving the Template Designer.
- Added the ability to create System Templates. System Templates are non-object based and may be used inserted into other templates. Although System Templates are non-object based, global merge variables (company, user, etc) are available. Example use cases would include organization or user based document headings and signature blocks.
- A new option allows users to immediately download a new document upon creation.
The new AdvoLogix Multi Timer allows users to concurrently track multiple timekeeping sessions. While the new Multi Timer is available for the Classic user interface a significantly enhanced set of functionality is exclusively available within the new Lightning Experience.
The following user experience options are available with the new Multi Timer:
- A Lightning component is available for the: Home Page, Utility Bar, and Matter Page within the Lightning Experience.
- A mobile Multi Timer application is available for Salesforce1.
- A Home Page component and a Visualforce page (for use as a Visualforce Tab) are available in the Classic user interface.
- An AdvoLogix API function allows integrators the ability pragmatically start a new timer.
- Users now have the option to dynamically remove weekends from the Timesheet's days of the week .
- A new global setting allows organizations to lock the Timesheet's Timekeeper filter to the current logged in user.
- A new tab has been added for Batch Time Entry. Previously Batch Time Entry was only available using a sidebar link. This feature allows organizations (or individual users) to add this dialog to their application menu.
- Action Plan Templates have a new Gantt view for hypothetically visualizing the chronological distribution of the template.
- Added the ability to use any Task picklist field for the columns in the Kanban. This is useful, for example, for those organizations using a Phase or Stage field on their Tasks.
- User interface improvements to align with the Lightning Experience Kanban displays.
AdvoLogix now supports the Lightning Experience. Please be aware there are degrees of parity still not achieved by the Lightning Experience. For these reasons we suggest reviewing the Lightning Experience road map. Please review our chapter and dedicated guide for the recommended customizations to implement the Lightning Experience.
* The Lightning Experience Matter page illustrated with this article is taken from a pilot implementation of AdvoLogix requiring specific customizations.
In addition to existing Focus Matters functionality, the Lightning Experience is enhanced in the following ways:
- The Focus Matters Lightning Home Page Component allows your organization to display the logged in user's Focus Matters on their home page.
- The Focus Matters Lightning Application Page allows users to work with their Focus Matters on a dedicated page while working in (and reviewing) the Matter's timeline, in context with the selected Matter.
The Matter Timeline Lightning Component is an extension of the existing Matter Timeline functionality. This component is an enhanced user interface consistent with the Lightning Experience Activity Timeline. The Matter Timeline component can be docked on the Matter Page or a custom Lightning Page (as with Focus Matters).
The AdvoLogix Multi Timer is a Lightning Component which can manifest within the Lightning Experience in a variety of ways. This component can be accessed from the Utility Bar, from the Home Page or from the Matter's Lightning Record Page. The component's built-in intelligence identifies when the Timer is docked on the Matter's Lightning record page. In this case, the Timer will automatically be assigned to the Matter and the list of Timers displayed are only relevant to the Matter in context.
- The legacy Timeline was replaced in 2015 by a modern implementation of the same functionality, without consuming data overhead. The legacy Timeline is no longer supported. All organizations should now be using the new Matter Timeline.
- The AdvoLogix Summer 2017 release will require a platform feature known as My Domain. Implementing this feature provides many benefits for your organization and will ensure your system is ready for future upgrades and functionality. For more information regarding the My Domain feature, please review this platform help article and feel free to contact AdvoLogix support for additional assistance.
- Follow this link for a list of issue resolutions and enhancements since the prior AdvoLogix release.
- Improved the Multi Timer display for long Matter names.
- Improved the behavior of the option "Use List Filter" to enable or disable Matter list views on Matter Calendar and Matter Gantt.
- Improved the display of the Focus Matter Lightning Component with Narrow View option.
- Improved functionality with IE11 not displaying icons for some Matter panels and components.
- Eliminated the requirement for Event button overrides which simplifies the AdvoLogix environment and provides a less complicated and native Lightning Experience. Please see this article for the appropriate steps to remove the overrides. The Event overrides should be removed when migrating AdvoLogix to the Lightning Experience.
- Resolved an issue where some users, working in Lightning Experience, were not able to open the file property dialog from the Files and Content panel.
- Fixed an issue where auto-add Participants feature was causing an error when the user organization has overridden the Participant Record Types with custom labels.
- The initial release treated the new option to auto-add Participants as enabled (by default) for newly created Matters. The default condition was changed to disabled in this update.