AdvoLogix Summer 2016 Major Release (version number 1.65.x)
AdvoLogix provides two types of releases, major releases, and patch releases. Major releases are seasonal, occurring three times (approximately) per year and are generally accompanied by new functionality. Patch releases provide minor functional improvements and issue resolutions. It is important to note, patch releases are automatically installed for all customers on the current major release.
Major releases are not automatically installed into your organization. Click here for help with upgrading your organization to the latest major release of AdvoLogix.
- A new Participation Map (shown above) graphically explores the relationship a Matter's Participants might share with other Matters. For example, a particular Expert on the underlying case may appear on other Matters, with or without the same role.
- The Matter Hierarchy has been enhanced with a new visualization mode. The new mode graphically explores the relationships a Matter has with other Matters within your organization.
- The Matter Timeline now has the ability to create a printable view of the Timeline. (in full list mode)
- The Timeline now has the capability to filter by a given data range. (in full list mode)
- Support for the new Salesforce Enhanced Email object has been added to the Matter Timeline and Matter Search.
AdvoDoc, a new template-driven document assembly application generates new documents from an AdvoLogix Matter, Account, Contact or any other object. Documents can be created on demand or automatically through the use of an AdvoLogix business process automation tool. This feature will initially be released in beta status and is generally considered an entry-level document assembly tool.
The template system is very consistent with the Email Template field naming conventions. In addition to the ability to assemble data fields, the application also supports inserting lists and conditionally generating output content blocks.
Calendars and Scheduling
- You may now view the Matter Calendar (and Gantt) using filters from your Matter list views. This allows for a great deal of flexibility and control over the content of the Calendar and Gantt.
- Organizations may now disable Tasks, Events or Time records from being presented in the Matter Calendar. For instance, when an activity type is turned off (in this new global option) the activity type will not be shown as an available option in the Matter Calendar. This can be helpful by reducing screen options for organizations that do not track Time from the Calendar. This option is found in AdvoLogix Setup on the Matter Planner options tab.
- We have generally softened the colors in the Matter Calendar and Gantt views.
- We have renamed the Card Wall to Kanban.
Billing and Timekeeping
- The Billing Preview has a new option to show billing information for My Matters only. When selected, only Matters meeting the criteria of your organization’s My Matters settings will be displayed in your preview.
- The Billing Preview now has an option to use Matter list view filters to limit the scope of information. This allows the preview to be filtered by virtually any combination of Matter fields.
- The field used for Time Description can now be customized to allow for larger descriptions. This new feature allows your organization to choose an alternate text field to use for Time entry. Among other things, this creates an avenue for your firm to bypass the 255 character limit of the default Time Description field. This option is found in AdvoLogix Setup on the Settings tab.
Salesforce Community Templates require support for the Lightning Experience user interface. AdvoLogix now supports the Lightning Experience within the context of community templates. Our support for the Lightning Experience should be considered beta as Salesforce.com continues to evolve the platform.
- A new Expense Publisher Action can be added to your matter’s Quick Actions. (available by default on new installations).
- A new option on the AdvoLogix Setup page identifies the type of installation originally used for AdvoLogix. This value will be either AdvoLogix Trialforce or AppExchange.
- All service release updates for the AdvoLogix Spring 2016 release.
- Fixed an issue with Action Plan Templates, where some users are not able to remove an activity from the activities list.
- Resolved an issue where users were not able to Print the selected list from the Activities tab.
- The new Files and Content edit dialog now uses the Content fieldset to determine which fields to use on the edit dialog. This is now consistent with the legacy Content Drop panel.
- Resolved an issue with the legacy Content Drop panel when deployed within a Community.
- Resolved an issue, under certain circumstances, preventing new activities from being added to an existing Action Plan Template.
- Resolved an issue with Timer not rounding until approximately 30 seconds was reached.
- Resolved an issue with the Content Drop panel if users were missing specific permissions.
- Added support for the new ClickJack protection feature. This required an update for specific visualforce panels found on record page layouts.