January 2015 - Version 1.41
For January 2015 - version 1.41.x
Need Help Installing the Current Release?
Please see this article for instructions to install the current release: http://advologixpm.screenstepslive.com/s/1905/m/6812/l/147818-installing-an-advologixmm-upgrade
1. Action Plan Enhancements
- Added a new Gantt view on the Action Plan detail. The Gantt view displays a chronological chart of the activities unique to the selected Action Plan. This view makes it extremely convenient to visualize the Action Plan in a graphical timeline.
- Action Plan activities now sort chronologically in the order they will/are occurring. Previously activity elements were sorting in the order in which they were added.
2. New Matter Timeline
The AdvoLogix Matter Timeline has been redesigned and improved in the following ways:
We have enhanced the data displayed in the Timeline to include more information about the underlying data.
The Timeline display can now be controlled interactively for each user.
We have added the ability to individually control the display of Email and Phone Calls.
- The new Timeline no longer consumes data and is now rendered in realtime. This reduces overhead in many ways including a reduction in data storage requirements.
- For complete details see this link for the new Timeline help article:
Regarding the Timeline and Existing Organizations:
You can add the new Timeline by following the instructions found in our online manual.
If you are currently displaying the existing Timeline related list, you can remove it using the reverse procedure found in the instructions for adding the new Timeline.
Going forward we will be deprecating (removing support for) the existing Timeline data object, likely in the next interim release of AdvoLogix. When the object is formally deprecated we will no longer be updating the Timeline object. Deprecating the object will not immediately remove the data from an existing organization.
- Regarding the Timeline object being deprecated, the global options for selecting which objects are managed by the Timeline will become obsolete. Once you have migrated to using the new Timeline feel free to deselect all record types from the global options.
3. Billing Preview
The Billing Preview is designed to work in conjunction with or without our new Accounting integrations. Firms using AdvoLogix will find this new component useful for obtaiing an immediate perspective on Time and Expenses releative to a each Account, Matter and the entire organization.
The initial release of the Billing Preview provides the following functionality:
- Subtotals at the Time, Expense, Matter & Account Level.
- Summary view by Accounts or by Matters by using the collapsable headings to hide details.
- Multiple filters including Start Date, End Date, Account, Matter and Time Keeper.
- Hyperlink single-click access to Time, Expense, Timekeeper, Matter and Account records.
- Printable View creates an Excel spreadsheet.
Please see the following online manual help article for more details:
4. Matter Calendar
- The Reminder fields have been added the Matter Calendar’s custom Task & Event layouts.
- Added a Delete button to the Matter Calendar’s custom Task & Event layouts.
- The My Matters component now saves the sort order in a persistent user-based Custom Setting for both desktop and mobile user experiences.
- The external facing New Client Intake form has an updated look & feel.
- There is a new application logo reflecting our new business identity.
- We have removed the Star Date/Time and End DateTime fields from the Time edit page. Please note these fields can be added back by using the Time object's field set.
- All version 13.9.x interim releases from November and December 2014.
Time Object Ehnacements
- Added Start DateTime and End DateTime to the standard Time field set.
- Added standard Rate fields to the Rate field set.
- Improved the Rate defaulting when the Rate fieldset was empty.
- The Matter Calendar's Time entry form now supports the standard and rate field sets.
- Rates now default on the Matter Calendar Time entry form.
- The "To" field in the Email related list now works for Emails added via LinkPoint.
- The new Timeline component's "Show" filter menu remains open after clicking one of the options.
- Improved the search results display for the Matter Search component.