October 2014 - Version 1.39
For Ocober 2014 - version 1.39
Need Help Installing the Current Release?
Please see this article for instructions to install the current release: http://advologixpm.screenstepslive.com/s/1905/m/6812/l/147818-installing-an-advologixmm-upgrade
1. My Matters
Introducing the My Matters component. My Matters is a list of Matters related to the current logged in user. The underlying relationship is determined by being a member of the Matter Participants list or by the Matter’s record ownership.
My Matters can be accessed in several ways:
- As a home page component
- From the AdvoLogix sidebar Quick Menu
- As a tab
- From the applications section of Salesforce1
If desired, please see this article for instructions to add My Matters to your home page layout: http://advologixpm.screenstepslive.com/s/1905/m/6812/l/268600
2. Matter Search
Introducing the Search this Matter feature. This feature searches throughout all data related to the current Matter, including custom objects. Search results will display every field within each record where the target text was found. By default all related Matter objects will be searched however searches may be optionally restricted to search within specific related objects.
Please see this article for instructions to add the Matter Search icon to your Matter page layout: http://advologixpm.screenstepslive.com/s/1905/m/6812/l/268601
3. Matter Calendar Enhancements
- Introducing the Matter Calendar List View feature. When activated, this feature displays 1 through 7 days (optionally skipping weekends) in a vertical format. This display mode is very useful when viewing an extremely busy Matter Calendar. For instance when viewing firm-wide scheduling. (shown above)
- The new Day Zoom feature allows a single date in the calendar to be quickly viewed by clicking on the date of a specific day in the Matter Calendar.
- A new automatic mobile phone view now displays the Matter Calendar in single day view from within the Salesforce1 mobile app. Tablet devices will still default to monthly view but may also be switched to list view on-demand, either by clicking on the a date to Day Zoom or by using the new List View feature.
- Action Plan Activities now allow the choice of a User Field from the Matter to be assigned at runtime as the “Assigned To” field for the newly created activity. (shown above)
- Dependent Activities are now created when the Action Plan is applied to a Matter. When the due date of the parent Activity is changed, any dependent activity due dates are also adjusted in the same way. Previously, dependent activities were not created until the parent was completed.
- When viewing an Action Plan that has been applied to a Matter, the Activity Subject is now hyperlinked so that it will open the underlying Activity when selected.
- Action Plans can now be applied to a specific Matter by using an Apex function call with the following format. Please review the online help for the calling convention for this method.
- We’ve added several visual and informational usability enhancements.
- When adding existing rates to a Matter there is a new option to check all rates and the Default column has been added to the list items for quickly marking a default rate. (shown above)
- The export templates now export Date and DateTime fields according to the ISO standard format. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8601
- The requirement for a TimeKeeper to be an existing User or an existing Contact has been removed. A TimeKeeper can now simply exist simply as a TimeKeeper without other validation.
- Time can now be tracked when creating Content similar in manner to the way Time can be added from an Activity. If desired, please see tis article for setting up the Content form to track time: http://advologixpm.screenstepslive.com/s/1905/m/6812/l/260053
1.39.x Updates (November/December 2014)
The 1.39.2 maintenance release addresses the following recently reported issues:
- Recurring Events in matter calendar were duplicating on the first occurrence of the release.
- The Save and New button on the Time form was not starting a new entry correctly.
- Improved the behavior when installing into an existing organization from the AppExchange. 1) The Time object permissions were Private and are now consistent with the other objects, Public/Read-Write. 2) The Action Plan "New" button is now added by default to the Action Plan related lists.
- Other minor enhancements and corrections.
The 1.39.3 maintenance release addresses the following recently reported issues:
- Our custom Last Activity Date field was relabelled as "Last Activity (Deprecated)" and replaced in the My Matters fieldSet with the standard Salesforce field named Last Activity Date. This field was previously undocumented and we are no longer maintaining this (custom tracking) field. If you have designed workflow rules with the AdvoLogix field please switch to the standrd Salesforce Last Activity Date.
- "Related Emails" component has been fixed to read "To" column value from the Cirrus email add-in for Salesforce.com.
- Improved the performance of the My Matters component.
The 1.39.4 maintenance release addresses the following recently reported issues:
- Resolved an issue saving Events fropm the Matter Calendar when using the new version of Salesforce1 (v7.x).
- In the Matter Calender items were showing the word "null" instead of being blank when the Activity did not have a Matter assigned.
- Enhanced the error message display capabilities in the Salesforce1 Matter Calendar.