Shield Platform Encryption
Shield Platform Encryption is an optional add-on available with your AdvoLogix licensing. Shield Platform Encryption provides an additional layer of security enabling your organization to encrypt sensitive data at rest, not just when transmitted over a network.
1. General Platform Capabilities and Limitations
Please review the following references for the most current information regarding the capabilities and limitations of Platform Encryption.
As per the platform documentation on encrypting fields:
"For best results, encrypt the smallest possible number of fields."
2. AdvoLogix Limitations When Using Platform Encryption
2.1. Data Objects
- AdvoLogix allows organizations to specify date fields on the Matter record as Key Dates. Encrypting a Key Date field will prevent the Matter Calendar from displaying the the encrypted date on the Matter Calendar.
Detail Budget Object
- Encrypting the Detail Budget's Month_Year_Date field will restrict appropriate functionality of the Budget subsystem.
Summary Budget Object
- Encrypting the Summary Budget's UTBMS_Code field will restrict the functionality of the Budget vs Actual analysis.
- Encrypting the EntryDate field will:
- Prevent the Time entries from being displayed in the Matter Calendar.
- Prevent the Time entries from being displayed in the Billing Preview.
- Not allow the Budget vs Actual metrics to be calculated for Time entries.
- Encrypting the TaskCode field will not allow the Budget vs Actual metrics to be calculated for Time entries.
- Encrypting the ExpenseDate field will:
- Prevent the Expense entries from being displayed in the Billing Preview.
- Prevent the Budget vs Actual metrics from being calculated for Expense entries.
- Encrypting the Type field will not allow the Budget vs Actual metrics to be calculated for Time entries.
- Encrypting the Role field will disable the Role filter in the Focus Matters view.
Cross Reference Matters Object
- Encrypting the ParentRelationship field will prevent the Cross Reference Matters subsystem from functioning correctly.
- Encrypting the Relationship field will prevent the Cross Reference Matters from appearing in the Matter Hierarchy view.
AdvoDoc Template Object
- Encrypting the BaseObject field will prevent the AdvoDoc subsystem from functioning correctly.
- Encrypting the Category field will disable the Category filter on the AdvoDoc template selection dialog.
2.2. Other Functional Limitations
- Many lists allow clicking on the column heading to sort the list by the field in the underlying column. List Columns cannot be sorted if the underlying field (displayed in the column) has been encrypted.
- Focus Matters allows a field (in AdvoLogix Setup) to be used as a filter to exclude Matters from the Focus Matters list. If this field is also encrypted the Focus Matters list will not function properly.
- If an object's Timeline Date field has been encrypted, records for the object will not be displayed in the Timeline.
- When designing AdvoDoc Templates, Encrypted fields cannot be used for:
- Related list filtering.
- Related List sorting.
- The conditions used for inserting Conditional Blocks.
Assignment Rule Sets
- Assignments cannot be made if an encrypted field is used in the assignment criteria.