AdvoLogix provides a built-in Apex method to update the iManage Workspace automatically via Salesforce Flows that can be triggered whenever a record is updated.
A background automation can be set for any object you have an iManage Workspace configuration for. AdvoLogix provides a Flow Template named iManage: Update Workspace, which includes a preconfigured setup of actions needed to update the workspace.
- In Salesforce Setup, enter Flows in the Quick Find box, and select Flows.
- Select the New Flow action button in the page header to initiate a new Salesforce flow wizard.
- Switch to All + Templates tab.
- Select the iManage: Update Workspace template from the list of available templates.
- Select the Next button.
You now have a custom flow that will be triggered when a record is edited. Your administrator can update the trigger options as well as provide a different object to trigger the process.
- Choose your Trigger mechanism based on whether you want your Workspace to be generated whenever a record is updated. The Run Flow mechanism should remain with the default selection, as you would want the ability to initiate workspace operations after the Salesforce record has been saved and committed to the database.
- Choose an Object for which you want your iManage Workspace to be updated after.
- Prepares flow variables that will be passed as parameters to Update Workspace Apex Action.
- Execute Update Workspace Apex Action provided by AdvoLogix as an iManage utility method. Update Workspace Apex method supports the following parameters:
- SObject Record (New) - Provide the flow variable that stores the data of the record that has been changed.
- SObject Record (Old) - Provide the flow variable that stores the data of the record that was saved in the database before the new changes.
- iManage Library - [optional] Provide an iManage library name.
- Login As User ID - [optional] Provide a user id to automatically authenticate all iManage Work related operations within this flow action. The provided user must be enabled as Secured Login within iManage Setup. For more details, follow this link.
- Use Asynchronous Method - Provide a true/false value to mark that this process is to be executed as an asynchronous approach.
When the iManage Library name is provided within this Apex action, workspace operations are executed within the provided library, otherwise we base the workspace operations from the library provided from Workspace Manage Configuration for the object.
When a Login As user is provided within the app builder deployment options, all operations related to iManage Work are performed on behalf of that selected user. The current user cannot log in or log out from iManage Work from within the component.
If the provided secured logged in user logs out from their environment, then the user is logged out from all instances of the components where the secured login has been setup to use as via the Login As option.
The Update Workspace Apex Action can be utilized within Process Builder as well. For more details about the Apex action, follow this link.