AdvoLogix provides a built-in Apex method to generate an iManage Workspace automatically via Salesforce Flows.
Creating a Flow to Generate a Workspace Upon Record Creation
A background automation can be set for any object you want to generate an iManage Workspace. AdvoLogix provides a Flow Template named iManage: Create Workspace, which includes the preconfigured setup of actions needed to generate the workspace.
- In Salesforce Setup, enter Flows into the Quick Find box, and select Flows.
- Select the New Flow action button in the page header to initiate a new Salesforce flow wizard.
- Switch to All + Templates tab.
- Select the iManage: Create Workspace template from the list of available templates.
- Select the Next button.
You now have a custom flow that will be triggered when a record is created or edited. Your administrator can update the trigger options as well as provide a different object to trigger the process.
Understanding the Create Workspace Flow Template Structure
- Choose your Trigger mechanism based on whether you want your Workspace to be generated whenever a record is created or updated. The Run Flow mechanism should remain with the default selection, as you would want to be able to initiate workspace creation after the Salesforce record has been saved and committed to the database.
- Choose an Object for which you want your iManage Workspace to be generated for.
- Execute Create Workspace Apex action provided by AdvoLogix as an iManage utility method. Create Workspace Apex method supports the following parameters:
- Record ID - Provide the current record's record Id value here.
iManage Library - Optionally, provide an iManage library name.
When the iManage Library name is provided within this Apex action, workspace operations are executed within the provided library, otherwise we base the workspace operations from the library provided from Workspace Manage Configuration for the object.
iManage Workspace Template - [optional] Provide an iManage workspace template id.
To find your iManage Workspace Template Id, go to the iManage Control Center >> Settings >> Templates. Open the detail view of the desired Workspace Template and extract the id from the browser's address field as highlighted below in blue:
<Base iManage Work URL>/work/cc/templates/template/Dev!1615/detail
- Login As User ID - [optional] Provide a user id to automatically authenticate all iManage Work related operations within this flow action. The provided user must be enabled as Secured Login within iManage Setup. For more details, follow this link.
- Use Asynchronous Method - Provide a true/false value to mark that this process is to be executed as an asynchronous approach.
When a Login As user is provided within the app builder deployment options, all operations related to iManage Work are performed on behalf of that selected user. The current user cannot log in or log out from iManage Work from within the component.
If the provided secured logged in user logs out from their environment, then the user is logged out from all instances of the components where the secured login has been setup to use as via the Login As option.
The Create Workspace Apex action can be utilized within Process Builder as well. For more details about the Apex action, follow this link.