AdvoLogix provides a built-in Apex method to update the iManage Workspace automatically via Salesforce ®Flows that can be triggered whenever a record is updated.
Creating a Flow to Update a Workspace Upon Record Update
A background automation can be set for any object you have an iManage® Workspace configuration for. AdvoLogix® provides a Flow Template named iManage: Update Workspace, which includes a preconfigured setup of actions needed to update the workspace.
- In Salesforce® Setup, enter Flows in the Quick Find box, and select Flows.
- Select the New Flow action button in the page header to initiate a new Salesforce® flow wizard.
- Switch to All + Templates tab.
- Select the iManage: Update Workspace template from the list of available templates.
- Select the Next button.
You now have a custom flow that will be triggered when a record is edited. Your administrator can update the trigger options as well as provide a different object to trigger the process.
Understanding the Update Workspace Flow Template Structure
- Choose your Trigger mechanism based on whether you want your Workspace to be generated whenever a record is updated. The Run Flow mechanism should remain with the default selection, as you would want the ability to initiate workspace operations after the Salesforce® record has been saved and committed to the database.
- Choose an Object for which you want your iManage® Workspace to be updated after.
- Prepares flow variables that will be passed as parameters to Update Workspace Apex Action.
- Execute Update Workspace Apex Action provided by AdvoLogix® as an iManage utility method. Update Workspace Apex method supports the following parameters:
- SObject Record (New) - Provide the flow variable that stores the data of the record that has been changed.
- SObject Record (Old) - Provide the flow variable that stores the data of the record that was saved in the database before the new changes.
- Use Asynchronous Method - Provide a true/false value to mark that this process is to be executed as an asynchronous approach.
The Update Workspace Apex Action can be utilized within Process Builder as well.