AdvoLogix® provides a built-in Apex method to generate an iManage® Workspace automatically via Salesforce® Flows.
Creating a Flow to Generate a Workspace Upon Record Creation
A background automation can be set for any object you want to generate an iManage® Workspace. AdvoLogix® provides a Flow Template named iManage: Create Workspace, which includes the preconfigured setup of actions needed to generate the workspace.
- In Salesforce® Setup, enter Flows into the Quick Find box, and select Flows.
- Select the New Flow action button in the page header to initiate a new Salesforce® flow wizard.
- Switch to All + Templates tab.
- Select the iManage: Create Workspace template from the list of available templates.
- Select the Next button.
You now have a custom flow that will be triggered when a record is created or edited. Your administrator can update the trigger options as well as provide a different object to trigger the process.
Understanding the Create Workspace Flow Template Structure
- Choose your Trigger mechanism based on whether you want your Workspace to be generated whenever a record is created or updated. The Run Flow mechanism should remain with the default selection, as you would want to be able to initiate workspace creation after the Salesforce® record has been saved and committed to the database.
- Choose an Object for which you want your iManage® Workspace to be generated for.
- Execute Create Workspace Apex action provided by AdvoLogix® as an iManage® utility method. Create Workspace Apex method supports the following parameters:
- Record ID - Provide the current record's record Id value here.
- Use Asynchronous Method - Provide a true/false value to mark that this process is to be executed as an asynchronous approach.
The Create Workspace Apex action can be utilized within Process Builder as well.