AdvoLogix® provides a built-in Apex method to generate an iManage® Workspace automatically via Salesforce® Flows.
Creating a Flow to Generate a Workspace Upon Record Creation
A background automation can be set for any object you want to generate an iManage® Workspace. AdvoLogix® provides a Flow Template named iManage: Create Workspace, which includes the preconfigured setup of actions needed to generate the workspace.
- In Salesforce® Setup, enter Flows into the Quick Find box, and select Flows.
- Select the New Flow action button in the page header to initiate a new Salesforce® flow wizard.
- Switch to All + Templates tab.
- Select the iManage: Create Workspace template from the list of available templates.
- Select the Next button.
You now have a custom flow that will be triggered when a record is created or edited. Your administrator can update the trigger options as well as provide a different object to trigger the process.
Understanding the Create Workspace Flow Template Structure
- Choose your Trigger mechanism based on whether you want your Workspace to be generated whenever a record is created or updated. The Run Flow mechanism should remain with the default selection, as you would want to be able to initiate workspace creation after the Salesforce® record has been saved and committed to the database.
- Choose an Object for which you want your iManage® Workspace to be generated for.
- Execute Create Workspace Apex action provided by AdvoLogix® as an iManage® utility method. Create Workspace Apex method supports the following parameters:
- Record ID - Provide the current record's record Id value here.
- iManage Library - Optionally, provide an iManage library name.
- Use Asynchronous Method - Provide a true/false value to mark that this process is to be executed as an asynchronous approach.
When the iManage Library name is provided within this Apex action, workspace operations are executed within the provided library, otherwise we base the workspace operations from the library provided from Workspace Manage Configuration for the object.
The Create Workspace Apex action can be utilized within Process Builder as well. For more details about the Apex action follow this article.