The AdvoLogix® Document Link lightning component for iManage® and Salesforce® allows a user to link a specific document by saving the document URL into a specific field on the record.
1. How do I add the Document Link component to a lightning page?
1.1. Deployment Use Cases
The document link component is designed for use within lightning record pages.
1.2. Deployment Options
Navigate to the gear icon and select Edit Page. You are now in the lightning page editor and will find the document link component in the list of components in the side menu on the left.
- URL Field - Select a field to store the URL of the document that the user selects within the component. Text and URL fields can be used here. Normally, a text field is used for reporting or when hyperlinks are not wanted.
- Login As - Optionally, provide a user to automatically authenticate all iManage Work related operations within the component. The provided user must be enabled as Secured Login within iManage Setup. For more details follow this article.
When the Library Name is provided within the app builder deployment options, workspace operations are executed within the specified library, otherwise the workspace operations are executed within the library specified in the iManage Workspace Manager configuration for the object.
When a Login As user is provided within the app builder deployment options, all operations related to iManage Work are performed on behalf of that selected user. The current user cannot log in or log out from iManage Work from within the component.
If the provided secured logged in user logs out from their environment, then the user is logged out from all instances of the components where the secured login has been setup to use as via the Login As option.
2. Using the Document Link Component
Navigating the functions available within the component:
- Choose Document - Allows users to browse iManage® documents and select a document within the component. The selected document's URL will be saved in the URL Field provided in the component deployment options.