For every record, a base workspace will be present in iManage® Work. The user will be presented with an option to create a new workspace in iManage®, if there is none created already.
Workspace association to a record is determined through an iManage® Workspace configuration. For more details follow this link.
1. How do I add the Connector component to a lightning page?
1.1. Deployment Options
The iManage Connector component is designed for use within a lightning record page for any object in Salesforce.
1.2. Deployment Use Cases
Navigate to the gear icon and select Edit Page. You are now in the lightning page editor and will find the iManage Connector component in the list of components in the side menu on the left.
Optionally, provide a library name to perform workspace oriented operations to that specific library only.
When the Library Name is provided within the app builder deployment options, workspace operations are executed within the specified library, otherwise the workspace operations are executed within the library specified in the iManage Workspace Manager configuration for the object.
2. Connector Component Breakdown
With v1.15 onwards, all AdvoLogix® for iManage® and Salesforce® lightning components support standard navigation with workspaces and folders. Certain functions within component will be adjusted automatically for the users when Standard Navigation is enabled for browsing workspaces & folders. For more details follow this article.
- Displays the logged-in user's basic information such as name and email.
- Workspace follow/unfollow toggle for receiving notification updates. This toggle is visible when notifications have been enabled within iManage® Notifications. Follow this article for more details.
- An action button for the user to log out.
- Workspace action menu containing various actions available within your connected workspace.
- Create a Folder - Create a new folder within your currently displayed workspace or subfolder.
- Create a Tab - Create new tab within your currently displayed workspace. This action is available only inside a workspace but not a folder.
- Create Folders From Template - To create a collection of a predefined set of folders within your currently displayed folder or workspace.
Add to My Favorites - To add the current workspace to your My Favorites list. Users can optionally put the favorite shortcut within specified Categories using this action.
- A basic breadcrumb informational bar, to display the current folder path from your base workspace. Each folder can be selected to jump directly into. Clicking the folder icon in the breadcrumb will take the user to iManage® Work.
- A user can select a file to upload or drag-n-drop a file into the current folder.
- A list of files and folders from your connected iManage® Workspace.
- An action menu to sort the list of files or folders.
- A row action menu containing various action items available on files and folders displaying within the component.
- Open - Open a document on your local work machine in respective client application.
- Preview - Go to the preview of the document directly in iManage®.
- Download - Download the document.
- Upload New Version - Upload a new version of the document.
- Checkout - Checkout the document and edit it in respective client application on your work machine. The checked out document is not available for anyone else for editing during this time.
- Checkin - Checkin a document.
- Unlock - Override a checkout lock from another user.
- Add to My Favorites - To add the workspace, document or folder to your My Favorites list. Users can optionally put the favorite shortcut within specified Categories using this action.
- Version History - View the version history for the document.
- Timeline - View the timeline of actions undertaken for the document.
- Properties - View the properties of the document.
When Use AWS Cloud for File Uploading configuration is enabled for your organization, uploaded files (from Step 6) are then routed through AWS Cloud platform to be uploaded to iManage® Work. The routing through AWS allows AdvoLogix® to upload files that are up to 1 GB size. For more details follow this article.