For every record, a base workspace will be present in iManage® Work. The user will be presented with an option to create a new workspace in iManage®, if there is none created already.
Workspace association to a record is determined through an iManage® Workspace configuration. For more details follow this link.
Connector Component Breakdown
- Displays the logged-in user's basic information such as name and email.
- Workspace follow/unfollow toggle for receiving notification updates. This toggle is visible when notifications have been enabled within iManage® Notifications. Follow this article for more details.
- An action button for the user to log out.
- Workspace action menu containing various actions available within your connected workspace.
- Create a Folder - Create a new folder within your currently displayed workspace or subfolder.
- Create a Tab - Create new tab within your currently displayed workspace. This action is available only inside a workspace but not a folder.
Create Folders From Template - To create a collection of a predefined set of folders within your currently displayed folder or workspace.
- A basic breadcrumb informational bar, to display the current folder path from your base workspace. Each folder can be selected to jump directly into. Clicking the folder icon in the breadcrumb will take the user to iManage® Work.
- A user can select a file to upload or drag-n-drop a file into the current folder.
- A list of files and folders from your connected iManage® Workspace.
- An action menu to sort the list of files or folders.
- A row action menu containing various action items available on files and folders displaying within the component.
- Open - Open a document on your local work machine in respective client application.
- Preview - Go to the preview of the document directly in iManage®.
- Download - Download the document.
- Upload New Version - Upload a new version of the document.
- Checkout - Checkout the document and edit it in respective client application on your work machine. The checked out document is not available for anyone else for editing during this time.
- Checkin- Checkin a document.
- Unlock - Override a checkout lock from another user.
- Version History - View the version history for the document.
- Timeline - View the timeline of actions undertaken for the document.
- Properties - View the properties of the document.
The Open and Checkout actions require that the iManage® Work Desktop application be installed on your work machine.