Field mapping templates enable the integration to quickly create new matters based on the information from a UniCourt Case. The record type templates allow the default field mapping to be overridden and extended for each matter record type.
1. The Default Template
The organization-wide default mapping template is provided out-of-the-box with a few fields pre-mapped for illustration. The default template allows fields to be mapped between the systems without regard for record type. Additional templates may be optionally added for each matter record type. The record type templates will amend the default mapping to include specific field mapping for the underlying record type.
2. Creating a New Template (Specific Matter Record Type)
It is important to note, additional templates are not required. Organizations may choose to only use the default template. However, additional templates are required for fine tuning unique fields related to specific matter record types.
Additional templates are added from the UniCourt Mapping Template list. In addition to the field mapping, the following general information can be established for each mapping template:
- Name: Used to identify the mapping template (usually named after the record type).
- Description: A text entry used to internally describe the use for a given template.
3. Mapping UniCourt Case Variables to AdvoLogix Fields
After a new template has been created, the Edit button (on the Template Mapping page) allows the user to establish the relationship between the UniCourt Case and AdvoLogix. The following steps are used to establish field mapping:
- Select the Edit button from the page layout.
- Select the appropriate matter record type.
- Map the appropriate matter field to the corresponding UniCourt Case field variable.
4. Templates in Action
The templates play a key role when creating new matters from a UniCourt Case. During the workflow process (to create a new matter) users are prompted to select a matter record type. In turn, the integration applies the appropriate field mapping for the selected record type.
It is important to note, both the default and record mapping templates are used simultaneously. The default mapping is applied first allowing the record type template to extend and override the default field mapping.
- The default template maps fields a, b, & c.
- The record type template maps fields c, d & e.
When the matter is created, the matter fields a & b are populated from the default template and fields c, d & e are populated from the record type template.