How do I use the UniCourt Search Lightning component?
The AdvoLogix UniCourt Integration provides an easy way to search for cases within your AdvoLogix environment by using a dedicated Lightning Component. This component can be placed on the Home Page, a Record Page or the Utility Bar of your Lightning application.
The AdvoLogix integration for UniCourt is currently in an open beta phase. The beta phase serves one main purpose: to test performance and identify issues. During this phase, we encourage users to send any issues, suggestions, or ideas regarding the UniCourt integration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The UniCourt Search is available under the Custom - Managed section of the page designer's component palette. There is one option available for this component:
- Allow Add: With this option enabled, users will have the ability to save from the search results.
The ability to add case from the UniCourt search results is enabled within the search by your system administrator. Please follow this article to learn more about the deployment options for the UniCourt Search.
Working with Search Results
Within the Search Results, there are various parameters to control and filter results for your legal research query.
Search Term: A placeholder for your searched query that is to be searched for within UniCourt.
Search Entity: Select what entity type you need to search for: Party, Attorney, Case Name, Case Number, Judge, Docket Entry, or Everything. The default is to search for Everything.
Scope: Using this limits and controls scope of the search.
Proximity: Using this limits the search results by proximity.
Search: Execute your search and retrieve the desired result.
Filters: Toggle and open up a side panel with all of the available filters to limit the search results.
Apply: Select the desired filters from the list of available filters. Currently available filters are:
- Jurisdiction: You can deep dive into a Jurisdiction to filter by the Federal or State Courts.
- Case Types: Filter by all available Case Types.
- Case Status: Filter by all available Case Status.
Filing Date/Docket Date/Last Updated/Created Date: Various date filters are available to filter the results within the confines of the respective dates. The date filters can be provided in the following two forms:
- Range: Provides a date range to filter the results within the provided dates.
Last N Days: Useful when trying to fetch new cases every 'x-day(s)' that fit the same search criteria.
*Please Note* Either a Range or Last N Days filter can be provided, but not both.
Sort: Sort your results by Relevancy or Filing Date. The default is Filing Date which means the latest filed case will be returned first.
- Add: When enabled, this action button will be visible and allows you to save the searched case to AdvoLogix.
Add a Case from the Search Results to AdvoLogix
Adding the case from your search will save a copy of the case data along with the details of judges, parties, attorneys, docket histories, and a list of documents.
- If Start Tracking this Case is left enabled, then the case will also be put into a tracking list of cases for daily updates. And when new updates are available they will automatically be downloaded and saved.
- Save the case.