How do I create a bill or invoice?
The integration provides several methods to automatically create Accounting Seed Billings.
Create Billing (batch process)
The Create Billings batch process provides a quick method to bill unprocessed Time and Expenses through a given Cut-off Date. The batch process is specifically designed to include only those items not previously billed, by virtue of the underlying record's Status field value of Unprocessed.
- Open the Create Billing tab.
- Enter the Cut-off Date (this date will also be used as the Billing's Billing Cycle End Date).
- Press Refresh to relist the data if appropriate.
- Preview the items for Billing, Edit if needed.
- Press Create Billing and confirm the to being creating new Billings in Accounting Seed.
You may confirm the Billing Options if necessary via the Options link at the top of the page.
Create Billing from Matter or Account
Another method that can be used to create Accounting Seed Billings is by using the Create Bill button from the Matter or Account Page layout. This method will filter the Create Bill process by the selected Matter or Account. This button can be added (optionally) to the Matter and Account page layout and/or list views. When adding the button to the list views the underlying records can be tagged and then batch processed by tag.
Notes of Importance
Regardless of the method used to create Billings via the AdvoLogix Accounting Seed Integration, the following notes are of importance:
- One Billing is created for each Matter.
- Matters that are not flagged Billable will not be shown.
- Time and/or Expenses marked as Do Not Bill will be shown and processed but will not be placed on a Billing.
- Time and/or Expense records marked as No Charge will result in a Line Item rate of $0.
- Time and/or Expenses marked Hold will not be shown (or processed).
The integration provides several methods for invoking the Create Billing process. The most common methods are the Create Billings sidebar link and the Create Billing button on the Matter page layout.