The AdvoLogix Featured Items lightning component for iManage and Salesforce allow users to view a list of folders as shortcuts that your administrator has configured. The list is maintained within Salesforce and users can add or remove items from the respective instance of the Featured Items lightning component.
The AdvoLogix Featured Items lightning component is designed for use within a lightning home, app, record pages and utility bar.
Navigate to the gear icon and select Edit Page. You are now in the lightning page editor and will find the Featured Items component in the list of components in the left side menu.
When Featured Items Configuration is not provided, then your logged users get the capability to manually browse through SharePoint folders and add/remove them.
- Identifier - Select an identifier value that would uniquely identify this component instance on the lightning page. This unique identifier provides context for managing different lists of items per instance of the component on the lightning page.
- Header Title - (optional) Display a title as the component heading.
- Featured Items Configuration - (optional) Provide a featured item configuration that has been set up previously from the SharePoint Setup page. For more details on how to set up a featured item configuration, see this article.
- Login As - Optionally, provide a user to automatically authenticate all SharePoint related operations within the component. The provided user must be enabled as Secured Login within SharePoint Setup. For more details, follow this article.
When a Login As user is provided within the app builder deployment options, all operations related to SharePoint are performed on behalf of that selected user. The current user cannot log in or log out from SharePoint from within the component.
If the provided secured logged in user logs out from their environment, then the user is logged out from all instances of the components where the secured login has been setup to use as via the Login As option.
Navigating the functionality within the component:
- The action menu allows users to browse SharePoint folders and add a folder to your featured items list. This action menu is available only when the Featured Items configuration is not selected in the deployment options for the component.
- The action button reloads the list of featured items within the component instance.
- The content area shows and browses through various items added as your featured items.
The AdvoLogix Featured Items lightning component can be deployed within lightning experience in a variety of ways: lightning record pages, home pages, app pages and utility bar.
An administrator can deploy the component to be used as a dedicated tab that can be accessed easily from the navigation bar and launched directly from the app launcher for the users. The component may display a pre-selected list of folders from SharePoint using a Featured Items Configuration.
Beyond the lightning app or home page, the most common use case is to deploy the component within a lightning record page. The component can be deployed without a featured items configuration. This deployment will allows users to map a dedicated folder from SharePoint to the Salesforce record in context without the need to create or manage a dedicated mapping configuration for the record.