Reports and Dashboards
The Salesforce platform provides powerful reporting tools that work together to help organizations understand and act on their data.
- Reports provide users access to their AdvoLogix data. Users can examine your data in almost infinite combinations, display it in easy-to-understand formats, and share the resulting insights with others. A report returns a set of records that meets certain criteria, and displays it in organized rows and columns. Report data can be filtered, grouped, and displayed graphically as a chart.
- Reports are shared via folders. Whomever has permission to the folder a report is saved in also has access to the report.
- The Report Builder is a visual, drag-and-drop tool which is used to create reports and edit existing ones. The report builder is where you choose a report type, report format, data filter, and the fields that make up your report.
- Dashboards allow users to visually identify trends and measure the effectiveness of their activities based on the real-time data gathered with their reports. Reports provide all the data shown in a dashboard and can show data from more than one report.
- Dashboards are shared via folders. Whomever has permission to the folder a dashboard is saved in also has access to the dashboard.
- The Dashboard Editor is a visual, drag-and-drop tool which used to create dashboards and edit existing ones. The Dashboard Editor is where dashboard components are added, edited, and arrange.
Each dashboard has a running user, whose security settings determine which data to display in a dashboard. For dynamic dashboards, the running user can be set to be the logged-in user, allowing each user to see the dashboard according to their specific access level.
3. More on Reports and Dashboards
For more details on reports and dashboards please see the following platform documentation: