Introduction to Chatter
Communication is important in every facet of life, this is especially true for a business organization. To have the ability to connect and collaborate with everyone, no matter their physical location, is invaluable. Chatter is a powerful tool that empowers users to connect, collaborate, share files, data, and expertise in real time.
- Make a post that’s shared with people who follow you or comment on someone else’s post.
- Like posts or comments to show your support.
- Share a post to your profile or to a group, or send a link to the post to other Chatter users in an email or instant message.
- View, filter, and sort your feed on the left side to view posts from people and records you follow and groups you’re a member of, posts that mention you, posts you bookmarked, or all posts from your company.
- Search the feed to quickly find information in the feed posts and comments on the Chatter tab.
- Bookmark a post to keep track of future comments on the post, or to remember to follow up on the post later.
- Add topics to a post to categorize the post and give it more visibility.
- Access your people, groups, files, and topics lists.
- View or update your profile, such as your profile photo or your contact information.
- Read or send private messages that are only visible to certain people.
- Access your favorites to see the latest posts and comments for your favorite topics, list views, and Chatter feed searches.
- View your recommendations for people, groups, files, and records that closely relate to your job and interests.
- View trending topics that people are discussing in Chatter right now.
- Invite people to join your Chatter network if they don't have Salesforce licenses to use Chatter.
Chatter Desktop is a free desktop application that lets you collaborate in Chatter without a browser. Use Chatter Desktop to post and comment in Chatter, and receive updates about your groups and the people, records, and files you follow. Chatter Desktop also supports chat, private Chatter messages, and displays Chatter updates and private messages as popup notifications in your Windows task bar or Mac OS X Dock.
To learn more about Chatter, see Force.com's documentation.