Manage and Secure Libraries
A Library permission is a group of privileges assigned to each Content Library member.
- It determines which tasks a member can perform in a particular Library.
- The same user can have a different Library permission in each of his or her Libraries.
Your organization already has three Library permissions:
- Library Administrator
Library permissions do not apply to personal Libraries. All Content users can save files in their personal Libraries.
To Create / Edit / Delete a Library Permission
- Click Your Name | Setup | Customize | Salesforce CRM Content | Content Permissions
- Click Add Library Permissions to Create (see additional steps below)
- Click Edit to Edit (see additional steps below)
- Click Delete to Delete
- (If Creating) Assign a name to the Library permission.
- Optionally, enter a description of the Library permission. If your organization has several Library permissions, consider describing each by its function or with a summary of its privileges. For example, for a “Marketing Reviewer” permission you might include a description that reads, “Reviews all content used in outbound marketing campaigns” or “This user can view and comment on documents.”
- In the Permissions section, select the checkboxes that correspond to the privileges you want to grant to users with this Library permission. (see additional Details below)
- Click Save.