Features of Libraries
Once you have located a Content workspace in the My Library area of the Libraries tab home page or on a content details page, click the Library name to display detailed information.
For details about the publishing options at the top of the page, see Uploading and Publishing Content.
The Library detail page contains the following sections:
From the Library title area, you can click the following quick links:
Browse to view search results showing all the content in the Library.
- Edit to change the Library name or description.
- Delete to delete an empty Library. If you want to delete a Library that contains content, you must first move the content to another Library or delete it and empty the Recycle Bin.
- Note: If your Recycle Bin is empty and you are unable to delete the Library, another user's Recycle Bin may contain deleted content from the same Library. '
- A Library cannot be deleted until all its content is permanently deleted or moved to another Library.
- Edit Members to add or remove Library members or change their Library permission.
- Tagging Rules to change the tagging method permitted in the Library.
- Content Types to restrict the content types available to Library contributors.
View Archived Content to view a list of archived content in the Library.
- If you do not have the Archive Content or Manage Libraries privilege in your workspace permission, the archived content list only contains content that you authored and archived, not content that other authors archived.
This section lists all the Salesforce CRM Content users who are members of the Library. To limit the member list, enter a username and click Filter. You can filter by the beginning of a username but not the last name.
- To add new members to the Library:
- Click Add Members (you will receive the "Edit Library membership Wizard" popup - shown below).
- To remove a member from the Library:
- Click Remove.
- To change a member's Library permission:
- Click Edit and choose a new Library permission from the drop-down list.
- To View additional members:
- Click Next to move through additional members (a group of 5 at a time).
Edit or Add Members
- If you do not immediately see the member you want to add, enter keywords in the search box and click Find.
- Select members from the Available Members box. Members can include individual Content users or public groups containing Content users.
- Tip: If you have a large number of Content users, create a public group and add the group to a Library rather than adding users to the Library individually.
- Click Add to add the members to the Library.
- Click Next.
- Select a Library permission for each user or public group and click Save.
This section lists the five pieces of content in the Library most recently designated as “featured.” If no content has been featured, this section does not display. Featured content receives a higher priority than similar content in search results; for example, if 100 files contain the search criteria term sales asset, any featured files with that term will appear at the top of the search results list. To see all featured content, click Show All. To toggle the feature status on or off, go to its content details page.
This section includes lists that summarize content activity in your Library.
1. Within a list, click a file icon to download the content or click the title to open the associated content details page.
2. In the Top Content section you can choose from the following Categories:
- Publication Date—This content is sorted in descending order according to the most recent publication date. Choose the number of records you want to view from the accompanying drop-down list, or click the Show All button to list all the published files, Web links, and Google docs.
- Num Downloads—This content is sorted in descending order according to the highest number of downloads. The bar graphic indicates how one record compares to another. Choose the number of records you want to view from the accompanying drop-down list, or click the Show All button to list all the downloaded content.
- Rating—This content is sorted in descending order according to the highest number of thumbs-up votes. Green and red in the bar graphic represent positive and negative votes, respectively. Choose the number of records you want to view from the accompanying drop-down list, or click the Show All button to list all the content with votes.
- Num Comments—This content is sorted in descending order according to the highest number of viewer comments. The bar graphic indicates how one record compares to another. Choose the number of records you want to view from the accompanying drop-down list, or click the Show All button to list all the content with associated comments.
This “tag cloud” shows you how the content in your Library has been labeled. Tags are descriptive terms assigned during upload or revision that help classify and organize content. Click a tag name to view search results containing all the files, Web links, and Google docs with that tag. The tag names increase in size within the tag cloud according to popularity, meaning that the largest tags have been assigned to the most content. You can choose to sort the tags alphabetically or by popularity. The tag cloud contains the 30 most popular tags.
This section is a snapshot of activity within your Library. It shows the most recent files, Web links, and Google docs to receive comments, votes, or subscriptions. Featured content and newly published content are also included, but new versions of existing content, archived content, and deleted content do not appear in the Recent Activity section. Use the Older and Newer buttons to scroll through records. The Recent Activity section contains a maximum of 100 records.
Most Active Contributors
This section shows the authors who have published content into your Library most frequently. The names increase in size according to activity, so the largest names are the authors who have contributed the most content.
My Personal Content
The My Personal Content tab on the Library home page is your private Library.
When you upload or create content and do not select a public Library, your content is stored in your private Library. You can publish content to a public Library at any time or leave content in your private Library indefinitely. Content in your private Library can be assembled in content packs and custom presentations. It can also be sent to leads and contacts outside your organization using the content delivery feature. See Setting up Content Deliveries for more information.
The My Personal Content tab has the following sections:
- Personal Library - If you choose the Save to my personal Library option when publishing a file, Web link, content pack, or Google doc, your content is saved here. You can publish or delete files from this list or click the file's name to view its content details page. The following options that are available on the content details page for shared content are not available for personal-Library content: tagging, rating, subscribing, tracking downloads, tracking subscriptions, or using custom fields. If you publish a file from the Personal Library list and click Cancel during the publishing process, your file is deleted.
- Upload Interrupted - If an error occurs when you are uploading a new file, for example your browser crashes or your session times out, the file you were uploading is saved here. Click Publish to publish the file to a public Library or save it to your personal Library. If you click Cancel on the Save or Publish Content dialog, your file will be deleted.
- Revision Upload Interrupted - If an error occurs when you are uploading a new version of a file, the file you were uploading is saved here. Users can continue to access the original version. Click Publish to publish the file to a public Library or save it to your personal Library. If you click Cancel on the Save or Publish Content dialog, your file will be deleted.