Editing a Dashboard
To modify an existing dashboard.
Click the Dashboards Tab
Navigate to Dashboards List
Click Go To Dashboards List
Reports and Dashboards List View / Creation initiation page
From this page, you can:
- Search for reports.
- Select or create a folder.
- The Folder drop-down list includes all report folders you can access.
- Click the View drop-down to sort between:
- All Items
- Recently Viewed
- Items I'm Following
- Items I Created
- Click the Type drop-down to sort between:
- Click New Report to begin a new report. Click New Dashboard to begin a new dashboard
- Click a report name to run the report.
- Click Edit next to a report to customize it. Click Delete to remove from folder and place in Recycling Bin.
Customize your dashboard by adding or removing columns, components and data sources, and text for headers, titles, and footers. See "How Do I Create A Dashboard" Lesson.
Choose the Running User for your Dashboard
Edit a dashboard.
Click the View dashboard as drop-down button button next to the View dashboard as field.
Choose the dashboard type:
* Run as specified user. The dashboard runs using the security settings of that single, specific user. All users with access to the dashboard see the same data, regardless of their own personal security settings. This approach is perfect for sharing the big picture across a hierarchy, or motivating team members by showing peer performance within a team. Unless you have “View All Data,” you can only choose yourself.
* Run as logged-in user. A dynamic dashboard runs using the security settings of the user viewing the dashboard. Each user sees the dashboard according to his or her own access level. This approach helps administrators share one common set of dashboard components to users with different levels of access.
When the dashboard is ready, click Save and fill in the appropriate fields. Be sure to save the dashboard in a folder your viewers can access.