Add Email with Salesforce for Outlook
To add an existing email to Salesforce, select a sent or received email and click Add Email. To add a new email to Salesforce, write the new email and click Send and Add. Salesforce receives the email and, based on your My Emails to Salesforce settings, adds it to either the Activity History related list of matching records or the My Unresolved Items page, where you can manually assign it. Unresolved emails also appear in your open task list.
Notes on Email Association
- The email is sent to the recipients and saved in Salesforce. The text Sent to Salesforce.com appears at the top of the email, and you receive a confirmation email in Outlook.
- If you configure Email to Salesforce to associate emails to matching leads or contacts, Salesforce searches the To and CC fields for the email addresses of your leads or contacts. If any leads or contacts are found, Salesforce saves the email to the Activity History related list on the appropriate record.
- If you configure Email to Salesforce to associate emails to matching opportunities, Salesforce searches the To and CC fields for the email addresses of your contacts. If contacts are found, Salesforce saves the email to the Activity History related list on all open opportunities, as long as the contact is assigned a contact role on the opportunity. For example, the contact may be assigned the role of Decision Maker on an opportunity.
- If Email to Salesforce matches an email address to multiple lead or contact records in Salesforce, you can choose to associate the email with all matching records, the older record with the most activity.
- If you selected leads or contacts, you can select If no matching records are found, create a task and send it to My Unresolved Items to have the email sent to My Unresolved Items if no matching records are found. If this checkbox isn't selected and Salesforce can't identify the To or From email addresses, the email won't be saved in Salesforce.
- With Salesforce for Outlook, you add emails using the Add Email and Send and Add toolbar buttons instead of the BCC field.
- The size limit for an attached file is 5 MB. The size limit for all files attached to an email is 10 MB. For each matching record, all attachments sent with the email are duplicated, which affects your data size limit. Any attachments that aren't added are listed in the confirmation email you receive from Salesforce.