Salesforce for Outlook: System Tray Application
This article will cover what you can do with the new application.
After Installation a New Application Icon Appears
You can use this application to:
- Sync Outlook and Salesforce Items
- View your sync logs
- Resolve your unresolved synced items
- Manage your Salesforce for Outlook configuration
- Change your login information
- Hide alerts
- View errors
- Change your sync folders
- Access the Salesforce for Outlook online help
Accessing the System Tray Application
- If you don't see the icon, just restart the application by double-clicking the Salesforce for Outlook shortcut on your desktop or the application in your computer's Programs directory (Start | All Programs | salesforce.com | Salesforce for Outlook).
- If the icon is disabled, you may need to start Outlook.
- If you're using Microsoft Windows 7. you may need to click the arrow next to the notification area and drag the Salesforce for Outlook icon to the system tray.