Introduction to Chatter
Chatter is a collaboration application that helps users connect with coworkers inside their AdvoLogix organization and share business information securely and in real time. Additionally, you can invite coworkers without Advologix licenses to join Chatter. Invited users can view profiles, post on their feed, and join groups but can't see your Advologix data or records. Chatter works in accordance with all of the security and permission settings in your Advologix organization.
1. Chatter Functionality
With Chatter, you can:
- View Chatter feeds to see recent activities around AdvoLogix
- Post a comment, file or a link to share with other people.
- Follow records to see changes to those records in the Chatter feed on your Home tab and Chatter tab
- Search within Chatter feeds, groups, and people
- Update your profile to tell other people about yourself
- Find and follow people in your AdvoLogix organization
- Create and join groups to share information with your team members
- Invite people to join your Chatter network. Invited users can view profiles, post on their feed, and join groups but can't see your AdvoLogix data or records.
- Receive email notifications when activities happen in Chatter
2. Chatter Feeds
Chatter feeds display recent activities performed by people and on records in your AdvoLogix organization.
Chatter feeds are displayed in several areas:
- On record detail pages, where you can see updates to a single record.
- On the Home tab and Chatter tab, where you can see your updates, updates to records you follow, and status updates of people you follow.
- On Chatter profiles, where you can see updates by a single user. View your own profile to see your updates and to update your status.
- On Chatter groups, where you can see updates to a group by its members. You'll only see feeds for public groups and private groups you're a member of.