Sub-Matters allow you to add a new matter that, at time of creation, can be associated with the existing matter from the Sub-Matters related list.
- Sub-Matters are a one-to-one relationship.
- Existing matters are always Parent.
- New matters only display the relationship via the Parent Matter field.
Choose a Matter
Select a Matter to work with.
Navigate to the Sub-Matters related list
Click the New Matters button.
New Sub-Matter creation page
- Fill in the needed information.
- Parent Matter field.
- Defaults to Matter where you chose to add a Sub-Matter (New associated Matter) from.
- Additional details
- Fill in the details
- Fill in any known date details.
- Financial Information
- Fill in any known financial details.
- Click SAVE
You are taken to Sub-Matter (New associated Matter) detail page upon Save...
Notice the Sub-matter (Test Matter's Child) has the parent field referencing the Original Matter (Test Matter) you chose to add a Sub-Matter to.
If you click on the name of the Parent Matter (Test Matter) you are navigated to its record, where you see the Sub-Matter (Test Matter's Child) is now listed in the Sub-Matters related list (as shown below).
...Or you can check reference on Parent matter page
Notice the original 'Parent' matter (Test Matter) has the Sub-Matters related list referencing the Sub-Matter (Test Matter's Child).