AdvoLogix Fall 2018
AdvoLogix Fall 2018 Major Release (version number 1.80.x)
AdvoLogix provides two types of releases, major releases and patch releases. Major releases are seasonal, occurring three times (approximately) per year and are generally accompanied by new functionality. Patch releases provide minor functional improvements and issue resolutions. It is important to note, patch releases are automatically installed for all customers on the current major release.
Major releases are not automatically installed into your organization. Click here for help with upgrading your organization to the latest major release of AdvoLogix.
Intake Form Enhancements
Intake forms now have the capability to capture lists of information related to the intake process. This functionality supports several use cases including the ability to upload files or add comments (or other related records) during the intake process.
Intake form sections (groups of fields) and individual fields may now be conditionally hidden as the form is completed. This allows forms to dynamically capture specific information based on the user's prior responses.
Default Field Values
Default field values may be assigned to intake form entry fields. This capability allows each form to have unique default field values.
Field Group Titles
A new option allows field group titles to be assigned and displayed at run-time.
Legal Hold Enhancements
New Application Guide Chapter
A new chapter for Legal Hold has been added to our application guide .
Pending Legal Hold Acknowledgements
The new Pending Legal Hold Acknowledgements feature allows users the ability to quickly manage their personal pending legal hold acknowledgements. As a Lightning component, this feature may be selectively placed on home pages and/or other Lightning page layouts.
Legal Hold History
The new Legal Hold History view allows organizations the ability to centrally manage recent legal hold acknowledgement activity. As a Lightning component, the history view may be selectively placed on home pages and/or other Lightning page layouts.
Email templates may now be used to customize all legal hold correspondence. This includes the original notification, the reminder, and the removal (from legal hold) notice.
More Control Over Who Receives Acknowledgement Requests
Several new enhancements allow organizations more control over who receives legal hold acknowledgements. For instance, a new setup option will allow the matter owner as well as account and contact participant owners to be included in the recipient list.
Sending Acknowledgement Reminders
Organizations may now optionally choose to send reminders to unanswered acknowledgements.
Notifications When Removed from Hold
Organizations may now optionally choose to send notifications when a matter is removed from legal hold.
More Control Over Data on Hold
When a matter is placed on legal hold AdvoLogix will prevent the removal of matter-related data. AdvoLogix now allows organizations to individually control which data objects will participate in legal hold.
New Area in AdvoLogix Setup
A new section in AdvoLogix Setup is dedicated to managing many of these new Legal Hold features.
New API methods allow system administrators and integrators the ability to add additional recipients and use-case specific workflow to the AdvoLogix legal hold process.
Participant Update Form
The participant edit form has been improved for readability within the Lightning platform. In doing so, we have removed a few legacy fields form the Account Participant form layout; Billable Account and Responsible Percentage. If your organization uses these fields, please add them to the Participant object's account field set.
New Option for Managing Automated Participants
AdvoLogix supports the ability to automatically create participants for lookup entities on the matter. By default, when the lookup field changes a new Participant is created however the prior participant is not removed. A new setup option allows AdvoLogix to automatically remove the participant when aforementioned default behavior is not desired.
New Table View
The Timeline now has an advanced viewing option when docked in the wide section of a Matter page in Lightning. This new viewing option allows users to switch in and out of table view.
Deleting Records from the Timeline
Records may now be deleted directly within the Timeline (given the appropriate security).
Focus Matters Enhancements
Focus Matters Lightning Tab
The Focus Matters Lightning tab now supports the ability to select a matter list view. The selected list view will determine the list's column layout and as well as the filter settings used to select matters displayed in the list. This feature previously existed in classic only.
Calendars and Scheduling
Task Checklists (new)
The Task Checklist is a new AdvoLogix feature which allows users to work with tasks in a variety of meaningful ways. When viewing a matter, the Task Checklist will display Tasks in a semi-ordinal manner. For example, Tasks may be grouped and indented by the Activity Plan, Assigned User, or Status.
Activity Plan Enhancements
A new feature allows the activity comment to be turned on or off providing a richer experience when working with activity comments.
Select Days Before or After Using the Calendar
When working within an activity plan, the calendar can now be used to select a date and the activity plan will automatically calculate the number of days before or after the base date.
Enhanced Reminder Options
More scheduling options are now available when establishing activity reminders.
Matter Calendar Enhancements
Use List View Filters
The Lightning version of the Matter Calendar can now filter matter related items using the filter criteria from a saved matter list view. This feature previously existed in classic only.
Also Show My Activities
A new filter options adds the ability to see also see "My Activities" when filtering by matter (focus matters or list view filter).
Only Show Overdue Tasks
A new quick filter option allows users to only show overdue Tasks.
Other Calendar Enhancements
Date Business Rules API
A new API method for date calculation exposes the capabilities of the AdvoLogix Date Calculator to integrators and system administrators. Given a set of input options and parameters this new new capability can programmatically perform the same calculations as the date calculator.
Completed Task Options
Added support for multiple Completed status picklist values. This feature is unique to those organizations using more than one value to represent Task completed status.
Related Files Component Enhancements
Multiple files may now be downloaded in a single step. Previously files could only be downloaded one file at a time.
Billing and Timekeeping
Lightning Time Form (new)
When using the Lightning Experience, the AdvoLogix Time entry form now uses a dedicated Lightning user experience (as opposed to Visualforce). NOTE: As of version Fall 18 version 1.80 this feature is optional and may be established by selecting the Lightning component from the Time object's Edit and New button overrides.
A new list subtitle displays the number of items currently tagged.
Copy Rates API Method
A new API method allows integrators and system administrators to programmatically copy rates from a rate group or another matter.
If your organization is a current subscriber of CalendarRules or would like to investigate the use of this service integrated with AdvoLogix please contact your AdvoLogix account executive for more information.
Focus Matters Role Filtering
When filtering by Focus Matter roles, users may now select the role of "Record Owner" . This choice is only available when the organization has chosen to include record ownership as a criteria for Focus Matters. This feature applies to the role filtering option in the Matter Calendar, Matter Gantt and Billing Preview.
The Budget vs Actual
The Budget vs Actual panel now displays a new line for those amounts not accounted for in the task budget line items.
Improvements to the user experience within the Mass Update feature.
- Follow this link for a summary of interim release improvements rolled into Fall 2018.
- Resolved an issue with "All-Day" events showing on the prior date within the Matter Calendar. This issue impacted users of the Salesforce Classic Matter Calendar. The Lightning Matter Calendar was not impacted.
- Improved the Matter Calendar performance (and user experience) when displaying calendars with significantly broad data selection settings.
- Resolved an issue with the Activity Plan Template import.
- Enhanced AdvoDoc to provide support for Activities (tasks or events) as a Base Object.
- Resolved an issue impacting the ability to perform lookups for specific fields, under specific circumstances.
- Enhanced the Task Checklist component user experience.
- Enhanced the Intake Form run-time environment with improved support for mobile devices.
- Improved the run-time behavior of Intake Forms when deployed via force.com sites pages.
- Resolved an issue with Intake Forms not rendering properly in force.com sites.
- Resolved a unique issue preventing some users from creating new Activity Plans.
- Resolved an issue with AdvoDocs where multiple lines text data would show up in single line.
- Resolved a unique run-time error with the new lightning Time form.
- Enhanced the Intake Form system with new support for Person Accounts.
- Updated the Matter Calendar default filter settings (limit matters by the All Matters list view).
- Improved support for the Salesforce Spring '19 platform release.
- Resolved an issue with the Billing Preview preventing the use of the List View filter option.
- Resolved an intermittent issue with user assignment within the Kanban.
- Improved Timesheet handling of the Disposition filter when users do not have security access to the Disposition field.
- Improved the user experience of Focus Matters within the mobile application.
- Resolved an issue with the visibility (for some users) of matter related files on the Matter Timeline.
- Resolved a time zone related issue when displaying the Multi Timer's timestamp.
- Resolved a time zone related issue when displaying the Task Due Date within the new Task Checklist. In some cases the due date may have shown as one day prior.
- Improved compatibility with Lightning Console Apps within our components and application framework.
- Improved the Date Calculator's day counting functionality for business day when Business Hours selected is not enabled for the full day.
- Resolved an issue with Date Calculator's "Count Days" feature. The correct number of days could not be determined if the organization's Business Hours were not enabled for the full day.
- Improved the Lightning Component based Time Form handling for read-only fields.
- Improved record type handling when creating a new Participant for users who use the personal setting to force a record type.