The AdvoLogix® Featured Items lightning component for iManage® and Salesforce® allow users to view a list of folders or documents as shortcuts that your administrator has configured. The list is maintained within Salesforce® and users can add or remove items from the respective instance of the Featured Items lightning component.
1. How do I add the Featured Items component to a lightning page?
The AdvoLogix® Featured Items lightning component for iManage® and Salesforce® component is designed for use within lightning home, app, record pages and utility bar.
Navigate to the gear icon and select Edit Page. You are now in the lightning page editor and will find the Featured Items component in the list of components in the side menu on the left.
- Identifier: Select an identifier value that would uniquely identify this component instance on the lightning page. This unique identifier provides context of managing different lists of items per instance of the component on the lightning page.
- Header Title: Optionally display a title as the component heading.
- Featured Items Configuration: Optionally provide Featured Item configuration that has been setup previously from iManage® Setup page. For more details on how to setup Featured Items configuration, see this article.
2. Using the Featured Items Component
Navigating the functions available within the component:
- The action menu allows users to browse iManage® Work and add a document or a folder to your featured items list. This action menu is available only when Featured Items configuration is not selected in the deployment options for the component.
- The action button reloads the list of featured items within the component instance.
- The content area shows and browses through various items added as your featured items.
Deployment Use Cases
The AdvoLogix® Featured Items lightning component for iManage® and Salesforce® component can be deployed within the Lightning Experience in a variety of ways - lightning record pages, home pages, app pages and utility bar.
An administrator can deploy the component to be used as a dedicated tab that can be accessed easily from the Navigation Bar and can be launched directly from App Launcher for the users. The component may display a pre-selected list of folders or documents from iManage® using a Featured Items Configuration.
Beyond the Lightning App Page or Home Page, the most common use case is to deploy the component within a Lightning Record Page. The component can be deployed without a Featured Items Configuration. This deployment will allows users to map a dedicated folder from iManage to the Salesforce Record in context without the need to create or manage a dedicated Workspace for the record.
When the Featured Items lightning component is added to a lightning page without providing a Featured Items configuration, then the users in Salesforce will be able to manage the list of featured items within that instance of the component on that page.